Mergeant

Thomas Beckett
I installed Mergeant and the required bits to allow it to attach and
edit SQLite databases but when I set up a dsn to the file, it would
not conect at all and wouldnt remember the configuration (saying that
the dsn doesnt exist).  cant see what I did wrong and the error
message doesnt shed any light (Im at work now, will post the exact
message later). Is there a known reason why mergeant or the
gda/gnomedb cant connect to sqlite databases.

As a result of this, does anybody know a decent program to create and
edit the database structure (tables, fields etc) of sqlite databases
(either version but 3 preferred)...

Many thanks,

Tom

Re: Mergeant

Jeff Garrett
> message later). Is there a known reason why mergeant or the
> gda/gnomedb cant connect to sqlite databases.

I had a similar issue, but couldn't figure it out.

> As a result of this, does anybody know a decent program to create and
> edit the database structure (tables, fields etc) of sqlite databases
> (either version but 3 preferred)...

SQLite comes with a command line client.  For version 3, it's called
sqlite3 (and in the sqlite3 package).

-Jeff