Merging Gnome translations

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Merging Gnome translations

Jwtiyar ali
Hey
I have translated some files that available in l10.gnome.org but they are not translate in ubuntu translation project, Is there any progress to merge these strings from gnome to ubuntu?


Best Regards.

Jwtiyar Nariman
Ex-Regional Leader At Gmaps
Physical Lab. / Internal Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)
Mass Iraq Co. for cement industry
Why Linux Is Better
Freedom For Abdullah Ocalan  (APO)

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Ask Hjorth Larsen
Dear Jwtiyar,

Am So., 4. Okt. 2020 um 13:18 Uhr schrieb Jwtiyar ali <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hey
> I have translated some files that available in l10.gnome.org but they are not translate in ubuntu translation project, Is there any progress to merge these strings from gnome to ubuntu?

It often takes a fair amount of time before launchpad imports
translations from upstream (i.e. GNOME).  Also it sometimes happens
that the Launchpad import mechanism gets stuck and they never occur (I
have seen imports stuck 3 years or so).  If you suspect it's stuck,
you can file a bug against the corresponding package.

I can't remember how to see the import queue of a package, something
about launchpad.net/ubuntu/packagename/+imports or something similar.

But probably it's not really stuck, just slow.

Best regards
Ask

>
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Jwtiyar Nariman
> Ex-Regional Leader At Gmaps
> Physical Lab. / Internal Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)
> Mass Iraq Co. for cement industry
> My Blog
> Why Linux Is Better
> Freedom For Abdullah Ocalan  (APO)
> --
> ubuntu-translators mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Jwtiyar ali
If you suspect it's stuck,
you can file a bug against the corresponding package.
It's a very long way to file a bug to every package.

You can possibly just upload them manually or wait for the next package updates in the upcoming version or the one after it.
I don't know but its been a while they didn't update them.






On Sun, Oct 4, 2020, 14:59 Ask Hjorth Larsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Jwtiyar,

Am So., 4. Okt. 2020 um 13:18 Uhr schrieb Jwtiyar ali <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hey
> I have translated some files that available in l10.gnome.org but they are not translate in ubuntu translation project, Is there any progress to merge these strings from gnome to ubuntu?

It often takes a fair amount of time before launchpad imports
translations from upstream (i.e. GNOME).  Also it sometimes happens
that the Launchpad import mechanism gets stuck and they never occur (I
have seen imports stuck 3 years or so).  If you suspect it's stuck,
you can file a bug against the corresponding package.

I can't remember how to see the import queue of a package, something
about launchpad.net/ubuntu/packagename/+imports or something similar.

But probably it's not really stuck, just slow.

Best regards
Ask

>
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Jwtiyar Nariman
> Ex-Regional Leader At Gmaps
> Physical Lab. / Internal Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)
> Mass Iraq Co. for cement industry
> My Blog
> Why Linux Is Better
> Freedom For Abdullah Ocalan  (APO)
> --
> ubuntu-translators mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Ask Hjorth Larsen
Am So., 4. Okt. 2020 um 14:10 Uhr schrieb Jwtiyar ali <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> If you suspect it's stuck,
>> you can file a bug against the corresponding package.
>
> It's a very long way to file a bug to every package.

They're hardly *all* stuck.  If one is actually stuck, file a bug
report.  As I said mostly they're just slow.

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
In reply to this post by Jwtiyar ali
On 2020-10-04 13:18, Jwtiyar ali wrote:
> Hey
> I have translated some files that available in l10.gnome.org
> <http://l10.gnome.org> but they are not translate in ubuntu
> translation project, Is there any progress to merge these strings
> from gnome to ubuntu?

Can you please mention one or two packages where you see this and when
the strings were translated. Then I can check out if it's a natural
delay or something we need to fix explicitly.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Jwtiyar ali
Hey Gunnar
These are some of them:



Gnome Project website:


Beside these now i see remmina is not merged also, because already i translated it in hosted.weblate
This is not big problem i will export it to launchpad manually.

Best Regards.

Jwtiyar Nariman
Ex-Regional Leader At Gmaps
Physical Lab. / Internal Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)
Mass Iraq Co. for cement industry
Why Linux Is Better
Freedom For Abdullah Ocalan  (APO)


On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 5:33 PM Gunnar Hjalmarsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 2020-10-04 13:18, Jwtiyar ali wrote:
> Hey
> I have translated some files that available in l10.gnome.org
> <http://l10.gnome.org> but they are not translate in ubuntu
> translation project, Is there any progress to merge these strings
> from gnome to ubuntu?

Can you please mention one or two packages where you see this and when
the strings were translated. Then I can check out if it's a natural
delay or something we need to fix explicitly.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-10-04 22:58, Jwtiyar ali wrote:
Explanations:

gnome-software: Latest upstream (3.38.0) not yet in Debian/Ubuntu
gnome-todo:     More than two years since last upstream release (3.28.1)
gnome-photos:   Latest upstream (3.38.0) not yet in Debian/Ubuntu

@Sebastien: I suppose that gnome-software share a lot of strings with
snap-store-desktop. Are translations from gnome-software transferred to
Ubuntu Software/snap-store-desktop somehow?

> Beside these now i see remmina is not merged also, because already i
> translated it in hosted.weblate
> https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/remmina/remmina/
> This is not big problem i will export it to launchpad manually.

There is a similar explanation for remmina:
Latest upstream release (1.4.8) was on 2020-08-14

So the translations will end up in Ubuntu sooner or later. If you prefer
sooner (i.e. Ubuntu 20.10) it makes sense to upload translations to LP
manually.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Sebastien Bacher
Hey there,

Le 04/10/2020 à 22:42, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :
> @Sebastien: I suppose that gnome-software share a lot of strings with
> snap-store-desktop. Are translations from gnome-software transferred
> to Ubuntu Software/snap-store-desktop somehow?

Launchpad lists known translations for strings which are identic in
different projects but those are only suggestions and need to be
reviewed and approved still. I don't think there is a direct import of
the gnome-software strings but I'm unsure, Ccing Ken who is maintaining
the snap and should be able to answer that question better

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher


--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merging Gnome translations

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
In reply to this post by Jwtiyar ali
On 2020-10-04 22:58, Jwtiyar ali wrote:
> Hey Gunnar
> These are some of them:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/groovy/+source/gnome-software/+pots/gnome-software/ckb/+translate

I have updated gnome-software, and hopefully you notice a difference now
with respect to ckb translations.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

--
ubuntu-translators mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators