Minutes from the Developer Membership Board meeting of the 1st of November (at UDS)

Minutes from the Developer Membership Board meeting of the 1st of November (at UDS)

Stéphane Graber-2
Hello,

Sorry for being so late sending these minutes.

The Developer Membership Board met at UDS (9am on Thursday 1st of
November) to review Maarten Lankhorst and Andy Whitcroft's applications.

=== Maarten Lankhorst ===

Maarten originally applied for Ubuntu Core Development membership but
after discussion, this was changed into the creation of an Xorg
packageset and upload rights to that packageset.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaartenLankhorst/DeveloperApplication

The application was discussed and voted on: For: 6 Against: 0 Abstained: 0

A new Xorg packageset was created:
http://people.canonical.com/~stgraber/package_sets/raring/xorg and
Maarten was added to it as an uploader.

=== Andy Whitcroft ===

Andy applied for Ubuntu Core Development membership.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AndyWhitcroft/CoreDevApplication

The application was discussed and voted on: For: 6 Against: 0 Abstained: 0

Andy Whitcroft was added to the Ubuntu Core Development team.

The next meeting will be tomorrow (18th of November) at 14:00 UTC in
#ubuntu-meeting and I believe the chair will be Barry (sorry, my memory
is a bit fuzzy after almost a month ;)).

Congratulations to Maarten and Andy!

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer

Re: Minutes from the Developer Membership Board meeting of the 1st of November (at UDS)

Bryce Harrington-5
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 07:55:33PM -0500, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> A new Xorg packageset was created:
> http://people.canonical.com/~stgraber/package_sets/raring/xorg and
> Maarten was added to it as an uploader.

The list of packages ubuntu-x tends will generally vary over time.  We
track the packages we tend via the package subscriptions of the ubuntu-x
team.  Will someone be periodically comparing that list with the package
set, and updating the set when there are discrepencies?

Bryce

On 11/20/2012 01:28 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 07:55:33PM -0500, Stéphane Graber wrote:
>> A new Xorg packageset was created:
>> http://people.canonical.com/~stgraber/package_sets/raring/xorg and
>> Maarten was added to it as an uploader.
>
> The list of packages ubuntu-x tends will generally vary over time.  We
> track the packages we tend via the package subscriptions of the ubuntu-x
> team.  Will someone be periodically comparing that list with the package
> set, and updating the set when there are discrepencies?
>
> Bryce
Hi Bryce,

The standard process is for one of the members of the packageset to send
us an e-mail to [hidden email]

If the request matches the criteria for the packageset as defined when
the set was created, the packages will be added to the packageset, if
not, you'll be asked to attend a Developer Membership Board meeting to
discuss a change of the criteria.

We haven't yet defined a strict set of criteria for the xorg packageset,
though I expect anything that's closely related to xorg/wayland and
related drivers and GL libraries to be added without requiring you to
attend a meeting.

On 11/20/2012 01:37 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:

> On 11/20/2012 01:28 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 07:55:33PM -0500, Stéphane Graber wrote:
>>> A new Xorg packageset was created:
>>> http://people.canonical.com/~stgraber/package_sets/raring/xorg and
>>> Maarten was added to it as an uploader.
>>
>> The list of packages ubuntu-x tends will generally vary over time.  We
>> track the packages we tend via the package subscriptions of the ubuntu-x
>> team.  Will someone be periodically comparing that list with the package
>> set, and updating the set when there are discrepencies?
>>
>> Bryce
>
> Hi Bryce,
>
> The standard process is for one of the members of the packageset to send
> us an e-mail to [hidden email]
That'd be: [hidden email]

--
Stéphane Graber