Nepomuk uninstalling and Baloo replacement in Kubuntu 14.04

Nepomuk uninstalling and Baloo replacement in Kubuntu 14.04

Valter Mura-2
Hi All

with the new engine Baloo installed in Kubuntu 14.04, does anybody know if it
is possible to uninstall safely all the packages relating to Nepomuk?

TIA

Valter
Open Source is better!
KDE: www.kde.org
Kubuntu: www.kubuntu.org
LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org

Re: Nepomuk uninstalling and Baloo replacement in Kubuntu 14.04

Lindsay Mathieson
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:43:12 PM Valter Mura wrote:
> with the new engine Baloo installed in Kubuntu 14.04, does anybody know if
> it  is possible to uninstall safely all the packages relating to Nepomuk?

You can purge all nepomuk packages except nepomuk-core-data which is a
dependency of some crucial packages.
--
Lindsay

In data giovedì 24 aprile 2014 07:32:33, Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:43:12 PM Valter Mura wrote:
> > with the new engine Baloo installed in Kubuntu 14.04, does anybody know if
> > it  is possible to uninstall safely all the packages relating to Nepomuk?
>
> You can purge all nepomuk packages except nepomuk-core-data which is a
> dependency of some crucial packages.

Thanks, Lindsay!

--
Valter
Open Source is better!
KDE: www.kde.org
Kubuntu: www.kubuntu.org
LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org

Re: Nepomuk uninstalling and Baloo replacement in Kubuntu 14.04

Lorenzo Bettini-3
On 23/04/2014 23:32, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:43:12 PM Valter Mura wrote:
>> with the new engine Baloo installed in Kubuntu 14.04, does anybody know if
>> it  is possible to uninstall safely all the packages relating to Nepomuk?
>

> You can purge all nepomuk packages except nepomuk-core-data which is a
> dependency of some crucial packages.

Hi Lindsay

As you suggested, I was trying to remove, for instance, libnepomuk4, but
that would remove about 200 kde packages... the only thing that I seem
to remove without problems is nepomuk-core-runtime... will that be
enough to avoid nepomuk still scanning the hard disk?

thanks
        Lorenzo

HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book

Re: Nepomuk uninstalling and Baloo replacement in Kubuntu 14.04

Myriam Schweingruber-5
Hi Lorenzo,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Lorenzo Bettini
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 23/04/2014 23:32, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:43:12 PM Valter Mura wrote:
>>> with the new engine Baloo installed in Kubuntu 14.04, does anybody know if
>>> it  is possible to uninstall safely all the packages relating to Nepomuk?
>>

>> You can purge all nepomuk packages except nepomuk-core-data which is a
>> dependency of some crucial packages.
> As you suggested, I was trying to remove, for instance, libnepomuk4, but
> that would remove about 200 kde packages... the only thing that I seem
> to remove without problems is nepomuk-core-runtime... will that be
> enough to avoid nepomuk still scanning the hard disk?

Are you sure you are using KDE 4.13.x? Because if your KDE version is
older that will of course remove a lot of KDE

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org

Re: Nepomuk uninstalling and Baloo replacement in Kubuntu 14.04

Myriam Schweingruber-5
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Myriam Schweingruber
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you sure you are using KDE 4.13.x? Because if your KDE version is
> older that will of course remove a lot of KDE

Correcting myself: indeed, apparently all KDE is still compiled
against libnepomuk in Trusty, including all packages that don't even
use it...

Sorry for the noise

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org

On 28/04/2014 20:34, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Myriam Schweingruber
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure you are using KDE 4.13.x? Because if your KDE version is
>> older that will of course remove a lot of KDE
>>
> Correcting myself: indeed, apparently all KDE is still compiled
> against libnepomuk in Trusty, including all packages that don't even
> use it...

OK, at least that's reproducible ;)

> Sorry for the noise

No problem, I just wanted to avoid the nepomuk program in background
keep examining my files now that baloo is doing that; it looks like
removing nepomuk-core-runtime is enough for that.

cheers