New Doc for Kubuntu -- KQuicktour -- Marketing Team?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Doc for Kubuntu -- KQuicktour -- Marketing Team?

Jonathan Jesse-2
Riddel and I were talking on #kubuntu-devel today about the new quicktour.
We would like to use the doc as well to highlight and draw more attention to
Kubuntu as well.  On my local copy I have created /trunk/kde/kquicktour and
will be commiting it in the morning so more people can work on it if the
would like.

Also at one time I thought the Marketing team might be working on this and
would hope they could work as well on the kquicktour.

Have a great night,

Jonathan


--
ubuntu-doc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-doc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Doc for Kubuntu -- KQuicktour -- Marketing Team?

Daniel Robitaille
> Riddel and I were talking on #kubuntu-devel today about the new quicktour.
> We would like to use the doc as well to highlight and draw more attention to
> Kubuntu as well.  On my local copy I have created /trunk/kde/kquicktour and
> will be commiting it in the morning so more people can work on it if the
> would like.

that's a very good idea.

> Also at one time I thought the Marketing team might be working on this and
> would hope they could work as well on the kquicktour.

Marketing team?  which marketing team :)
>From what I can see, there are currently  2 Ubuntu marketing teams:

One defined around the mailing list [hidden email]
And one on the forums an http://www.ubuntupeople.com

The mailing list seems pretty quiet these days; the marketing forum
are slightly busier, but it seems they tend to  keep for themselves
away from the Ubuntu official team structure (by choice)

To my best knowledge there hasn't been any interest (in public) in
either team on taking over the Quicktour for Dapper.  Unless there is
a strong interest from them, the Quicktour document could stay in the
sphere of influence of the DocTeam; its future as a Docteam project to
probably be decided at the DocTeam meeting in a few hours.

To go a bit OT for the DocTeam list, but one idea that floating
briefly on the marketing list last week (I think originally from
Jerome) was to come up with a standard series of slides about Ubuntu.
A sort of expanded QuickTour using slides to describe and sell Ubuntu
to be given to LoCo teams for translation and use in their local sale
pitches (I would assume something in he order of a 10-15 minutes
presentation)  I think this project for Ubuntu (and the corresponding
set for Kubuntu) could be a nice complement to the Dapper Quicktour
html/pdf document itself.  But all this should probably be discussed
on the marketing list instead of here.


--
Daniel Robitaille

--
ubuntu-doc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-doc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Doc for Kubuntu -- KQuicktour -- Marketing Team?

Jonathan Jesse-2
On Friday 04 November 2005 03:14, Daniel Robitaille wrote:

> > Riddel and I were talking on #kubuntu-devel today about the new
> > quicktour. We would like to use the doc as well to highlight and draw
> > more attention to Kubuntu as well.  On my local copy I have created
> > /trunk/kde/kquicktour and will be commiting it in the morning so more
> > people can work on it if the would like.
>
> that's a very good idea.
>
> > Also at one time I thought the Marketing team might be working on this
> > and would hope they could work as well on the kquicktour.
>
> Marketing team?  which marketing team :)
>
> >From what I can see, there are currently  2 Ubuntu marketing teams:
>
> One defined around the mailing list [hidden email]
> And one on the forums an http://www.ubuntupeople.com
>
> The mailing list seems pretty quiet these days; the marketing forum
> are slightly busier, but it seems they tend to  keep for themselves
> away from the Ubuntu official team structure (by choice)
>
> To my best knowledge there hasn't been any interest (in public) in
> either team on taking over the Quicktour for Dapper.  Unless there is
> a strong interest from them, the Quicktour document could stay in the
> sphere of influence of the DocTeam; its future as a Docteam project to
> probably be decided at the DocTeam meeting in a few hours.
>
> To go a bit OT for the DocTeam list, but one idea that floating
> briefly on the marketing list last week (I think originally from
> Jerome) was to come up with a standard series of slides about Ubuntu.
> A sort of expanded QuickTour using slides to describe and sell Ubuntu
> to be given to LoCo teams for translation and use in their local sale
> pitches (I would assume something in he order of a 10-15 minutes
> presentation)  I think this project for Ubuntu (and the corresponding
> set for Kubuntu) could be a nice complement to the Dapper Quicktour
> html/pdf document itself.  But all this should probably be discussed
> on the marketing list instead of here.
>
>
> --
> Daniel Robitaille
Must have been my mistake on the marketing team.  Anyways I have uploaded it
to svn already this morning, so feel free to hack away at it.

--
ubuntu-doc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-doc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Doc for Kubuntu -- KQuicktour -- Marketing Team?

Corey Burger
> > To go a bit OT for the DocTeam list, but one idea that floating
> > briefly on the marketing list last week (I think originally from
> > Jerome) was to come up with a standard series of slides about Ubuntu.
> > A sort of expanded QuickTour using slides to describe and sell Ubuntu
> > to be given to LoCo teams for translation and use in their local sale
> > pitches (I would assume something in he order of a 10-15 minutes
> > presentation)  I think this project for Ubuntu (and the corresponding
> > set for Kubuntu) could be a nice complement to the Dapper Quicktour
> > html/pdf document itself.  But all this should probably be discussed
> > on the marketing list instead of here.

This is probably going to happen. See
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/example-content

Corey

--
ubuntu-doc mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-doc