New: Weekly Dapper Development Status Meetings

New: Weekly Dapper Development Status Meetings

Jane Weideman
As discussed at UBZ we will be introducing weekly Dapper Development
Status Meetings, starting next week, once the dust from UBZ settles.

The purpose of these meetings is to provide a quick (prepared)
run-though of the status of the goals you are working on. This is to
ensure that all goals are on-track, and are not blocked or blocking
anything else unnecessarily.

The 3 main objectives of these meetings is to discuss:
 * The progress made on the goal since the last meeting.
 * The blocks and current risks/issues present - especially those you
need help in solving.
 * The planned activity for the coming week.

In order to make the most of the short time we have available for these
meetings and make sure we get an update from everyone please be sure
come to arrive prepared. You will need to make a few notes in advance.
For each goal which you are assigned to please list the title of the
goal and a brief summary (a line will do) of the 3 items.

When it is your turn to discuss your goal you can them simply cut and
paste your few lines into the channel. Thereafter minute or 2 will be
given to discuss further as necessary.

Due to the number of goals and team members we will need to progress
through the goals rapidly and will not be able to take time to dwell on
any particular issue for any length of time. Should more detail or
discussion be required, this will be noted and it will be addressed
off-line. (If appropriate a separate meeting may be scheduled for
emergency or contentious issues).

Please make the time to attend these meeting, but if for whatever reason
you are unable to attend, please be sure to send your updates to me in
e-mail format no later than 2 hours before the start of the meeting, so
that I can represent the goal for you. If there are any complication
with your goal please elaborate on it.

In order to be fair these meetings will rotate on a 6 hour progression,
i.e. 08:00, 14:00, 20:00 and 04:00 UTC, and will be held on a Thursday
(or Wednesday or Friday depending on where you are so check carefully!).

-----

In summary:

 * What:  Dapper Development Status Meetings.

 * When:  Every week on a Thursday (relative to UTC), starting Thursday
17 November 2005.

 * Time:  week 1 - 08:00 UTC (week 2 - 14:00 UTC, week 3 - 20:00 UTC,
week 04 - 04:00 UTC)

 * Duration:1 hour

 * Who: Everyone who has Dapper specs assigned to them. Dapper Spec
Allocations: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+specstable

JaneW

Re: New: Weekly Dapper Development Status Meetings

Jane Weideman

Erratum: Please note that the time for the week 4 meeting is actually
02:00 UTC (and not 04:00 as I previously stated).

Corrected below...

Thanks
JaneW

--
JaneW

Re: New: Weekly Dapper Development Status Meetings

Sivan Green
On 19:14, Mon 07 Nov 05, Jane Weideman wrote:
>  * Who: Everyone who has Dapper specs assigned to them. Dapper Spec
> Allocations: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+specstable

I check that page, and I can't find my home-user-backup spec
there. Does that mean it has been deferred for dapper+1 ?

Sivan

Re: New: Weekly Dapper Development Status Meetings

Olafur Arason
My spec of merging the backup spec and migration spec isn't there either.
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/migrate-and-backup
I know that there were alot of specs from the community but will they
not be addressed if they didn't come up at udz?

Olafur Arason

2005/11/10, Sivan Green <[hidden email]>:

> On 19:14, Mon 07 Nov 05, Jane Weideman wrote:
> >  * Who: Everyone who has Dapper specs assigned to them. Dapper Spec
> > Allocations: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+specstable
> >
> I check that page, and I can't find my home-user-backup spec
> there. Does that mean it has been deferred for dapper+1 ?
>
> Sivan

Re: New: Weekly Dapper Development Status Meetings

Travis Watkins
On 11/10/05, Olafur Arason <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My spec of merging the backup spec and migration spec isn't there either.
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/migrate-and-backup
> I know that there were alot of specs from the community but will they
> not be addressed if they didn't come up at udz?
>
> Olafur Arason

If you want to implement the spec I'm sure no one is stopping you,
it's just a lower priority for the developers.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com

On 11:04, Thu 10 Nov 05, Travis Watkins wrote:
> If you want to implement the spec I'm sure no one is stopping you,
> it's just a lower priority for the developers.

Ofcourse :). Also, I've found that it's just matter of a
couple more launchpad click to actually add it to the
specplan.

Sivan