New hosting for us, thanks to ubuntu-eu

Amir Eldor
Hello Everyone,

I recently got SSH access to a server on Ubuntu Europe (or ubuntu-eu).
For those who don't know, they host the LoCo sites for ubuntu-fr,
ubuntu-de, ubuntu-ir, and several others. I'm happy to announce that
ubuntu-il is now part of that family :)

The new host has access another host on their network which runs the
apache daemons, where the upcoming LoCo site (or Ubuntu Israel portal,
if you wish) will be stored. This host is essentially a mediator
between a **future development server** (more on that soon) and the **actual
production sites**.

Only I (as the LoCo contact) have SSH access to this 'mediator' machine and that
will remain that way. That's ubuntu-eu policy, security issues :)

So, in the very close future they will setup another machine which
will be the **actual development machine** with all the goodies of
subversion and other vegtables. We will be able to give access to this
development machine to anyone who wishes to help in the development of
the upcoming LoCo site. The catch is that only I can update
the live 'production machine' about the new changes that are made by our LoCo
developers on the LoCo machine (that's because I'm the contact and
everyone likes me and trusts me. This also means I am responsible for
no malicious PHP code stuff to get into the website).

### That is very cool if you haven't noticed so far. ###

So, stay tuned.

ciao,
Amir Eldor

Re: New hosting for us, thanks to ubuntu-eu

Eli Daian
Congratulations!

Tell us when the devel machine will be ready for use!

Eli