New string to be translated in gnome-session

New string to be translated in gnome-session

Didier Roche-3
Dear translators,

Once gnome-session 3.26.1-0ubuntu4 hits the archive, you will see a new
string to be translated: "Ubuntu on Xorg", this one is the session name
that is available on gdm (login screen). People installing gnome-session
can see a similar "GNOME on Xorg" string which is translated upstream,
hence our decision.

The fact that it wasn't translatable was a typo which got fixed once
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1715822 got
raised.

Thanks, and sorry for this last minute fix :)
Cheers,
Didier

Re: New string to be translated in gnome-session

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Didier,

On 2017-10-11 17:33, Didier Roche wrote:

> Dear translators,
>
> Once gnome-session 3.26.1-0ubuntu4 hits the archive, you will see a
> new string to be translated: "Ubuntu on Xorg", this one is the
> session name that is available on gdm (login screen). People
> installing gnome-session can see a similar "GNOME on Xorg" string
> which is translated upstream, hence our decision.
>
> The fact that it wasn't translatable was a typo which got fixed once
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1715822
> got raised.

The latest upload seems not to have resulted in an updated translation
template at Launchpad.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: New string to be translated in gnome-session

Sebastien Bacher
Hey Gunnar,

Le 11/10/2017 à 22:06, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :
> The latest upload seems not to have resulted in an updated translation
> template at Launchpad.

In fact it seems to have?

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+source/gnome-session/+imports?field.filter_status=all&field.filter_extension=pot

The .pot is waiting for import and contain the strings

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher

On 2017-10-11 23:42, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

> Hey Gunnar,
>
> Le 11/10/2017 à 22:06, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :
>> The latest upload seems not to have resulted in an updated
>> translation template at Launchpad.
>
> In fact it seems to have?
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+source/gnome-session/+imports?field.filter_status=all&field.filter_extension=pot
>
> The .pot is waiting for import and contain the strings

Ok, good. Then it was some kind of delay after the build before it made
it to the import queue.

Sorry for the noise. :(