New strings in apport bionic and cosmic

Didier Roche-3

Hey everyone,

Following the recent gnome-control-center change to add some strings to control whoopsie autoreporting behavior, I'm currently uploading a new apport version introducing some new strings to allow the user to enable the same functionality directly from apport. More information is available at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/1778497 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/1778694.

Basically, there are some slight UI refinements, and those 5 new strings are introduced:

"Can't remember send report status settings"
"Saving crash reporting state failed. Can't set auto or never reporting mode."
"Remember this in future"
"Relaunch this application"
"Don't send"

The good news is that those strings are already available to translate in cosmic, so you don't have to wait for it being available on bionic ;)

Cheers,
Didier

Re: New strings in apport bionic and cosmic

Sebastien Bacher
Le 10/07/2018 à 11:53, Didier Roche a écrit :
> The good news is that those strings are already available to translate
> in cosmic, so you don't have to wait for it being available on bionic ;)

Turned out that cosmic is not opened for translations yet (that's
because sorted out). Meanwhile the strings have been manually added to
the bionic template though so the translation work can be done there

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+source/apport/+pots/apport/<locale>/+translate?show=untranslated

(where <locale> corresponds to your locale code, e.g "fr" for french)

The strings are number 181 to 185 in the current index

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher