No nvidia support for GT240 fatal for linux

No nvidia support for GT240 fatal for linux

Rod Lovett
Hi,
       First there is not a suitable NVIDIA X DRIVER for GT240 nvidia card
Edit nvidia-xconfig as root as there is a bogus xcofig file there

   After doing this I worked around crappy Nvidia driver
  by editing /etc/X11/ xorg.config
and putting in my monitors Horiz Sync and vert ref parameters.

So anyone using Nvidia cards even a few years old is now a pariah
in Linux thanks to Nvidia this will flow onto other OS's too.

Rod

Re: No nvidia support for GT240 fatal for linux

Girard Henri
Le 15/04/2013 01:06, Rod Lovett a écrit :

> Hi,
>       First there is not a suitable NVIDIA X DRIVER for GT240 nvidia card
> Edit nvidia-xconfig as root as there is a bogus xcofig file there
>
>   After doing this I worked around crappy Nvidia driver
>  by editing /etc/X11/ xorg.config
> and putting in my monitors Horiz Sync and vert ref parameters.
>
> So anyone using Nvidia cards even a few years old is now a pariah
> in Linux thanks to Nvidia this will flow onto other OS's too.
>
> Rod

i have got a gt220 works fine on 13.04

Re: No nvidia support for GT240 fatal for linux

Basil Chupin-2
On 15/04/13 09:06, Rod Lovett wrote:

> Hi,
>       First there is not a suitable NVIDIA X DRIVER for GT240 nvidia card
> Edit nvidia-xconfig as root as there is a bogus xcofig file there
>
>   After doing this I worked around crappy Nvidia driver
>  by editing /etc/X11/ xorg.config
> and putting in my monitors Horiz Sync and vert ref parameters.
>
> So anyone using Nvidia cards even a few years old is now a pariah
> in Linux thanks to Nvidia this will flow onto other OS's too.
>
> Rod

What *ARE* you on about?

The latest nVidia driver - 310.44 - supports your GT240 card, so why are
spreading FUD? :-(

Go here and see for yourself what 310.44 supports:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/59927

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 KDE 4.10.2 & kernel 3.8.7-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

Re: No nvidia support for GT240 fatal for linux

Basil Chupin-2
On 15/04/13 09:06, Rod Lovett wrote:

> Hi,
>       First there is not a suitable NVIDIA X DRIVER for GT240 nvidia card
> Edit nvidia-xconfig as root as there is a bogus xcofig file there
>
>   After doing this I worked around crappy Nvidia driver
>  by editing /etc/X11/ xorg.config
> and putting in my monitors Horiz Sync and vert ref parameters.
>
> So anyone using Nvidia cards even a few years old is now a pariah
> in Linux thanks to Nvidia this will flow onto other OS's too.
>
> Rod

Well, Rod, cat got your tongue?

Why don't you reply to what I posted 5 days ago as a response to the above?

Or didn't you even bother to read my post, or didn't receive it?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 KDE 4.10.2 & kernel 3.8.8-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor