No traffic on mirror

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

No traffic on mirror

Florian Aigner
Hi all,

I run a CD mirror since about two years: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/faigner.de-release

Since some weeks I don't get any requests for downloads from users. There was no error message from launchpad. The requests come only from launchpad itself and some web crawlers.

Have you expected the same behaviour? Is there a mistake on the side of the redirection?

BR

Florian


--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No traffic on mirror

Daniel Ballenger
I've seen very similar behavior with ours (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/mirror.sjc02.svwh.net-release), but I think it's been nearly 0 traffic for over a year now, the archive mirror we run gets plenty of traffic though.

- Daniel

Florian Aigner wrote on 2/10/20 10:59:
Hi all,

I run a CD mirror since about two years: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/faigner.de-release

Since some weeks I don't get any requests for downloads from users. There was no error message from launchpad. The requests come only from launchpad itself and some web crawlers.

Have you expected the same behaviour? Is there a mistake on the side of the redirection?

BR

Florian





--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No traffic on mirror

Carsten Otto
On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:15:48PM -0800, Daniel Ballenger wrote:
> I've seen very similar behavior with ours (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/mirror.sjc02.svwh.net-release),
> but I think it's been nearly 0 traffic for over a year now, the archive
> mirror we run gets plenty of traffic though.

Our mirror looks normal, though:
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~cotto/loganalyzer/ubuntu-releases_year.png
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~cotto/loganalyzer/ubuntu_year.png

(Mostly rsync traffic for the archive, though, no HTTP users?)
--
Dr. Carsten Otto
http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/

--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No traffic on mirror

Brad Koehn

I’m no longer seeing any HTTP traffic, except the mirror prober. My mirror shows up in the list, but the mirror-selector doesn’t seem to send anyone my way anymore. 


--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No traffic on mirror

Jonathan Sélea
I had a similar situation, so I just decided to stop mirror images because I did not receive any traffic on them anyway.
Yes, packages still works fine and great!
 
-- 
Jonathan Sélea

PGP Key: 0x8B35B3C894B964DD
Fingerprint: 4AF2 10DE 996B 673C 0FD8  AFA0 8B35 B3C8 94B9 64DD


On 2020-02-11 13:41, Brad Koehn wrote:

 
I'm no longer seeing any HTTP traffic, except the mirror prober. My mirror shows up in the list, but the mirror-selector doesn't seem to send anyone my way anymore. 
 

 

--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No traffic on mirror

Justin Goetz

I can confirm, same thing on our side here. Only mirror probes, no traffic to our CD mirrors since the day we added them.

Package mirror gets some decent traffic. Am I missing something on the CD mirror side that needs to be put in place for the main site to use us as a download source? I thought perhaps it was an error on my part but I'm not alone it seems!

Thanks!

Justin Goetz
Systems Engineer, TeraSwitch Inc.
[hidden email]
412-945-7045 (NOC) | 412-459-7945 (Direct)

On 2/11/20 10:01 AM, Jonathan Sélea wrote:
I had a similar situation, so I just decided to stop mirror images because I did not receive any traffic on them anyway.
Yes, packages still works fine and great!
 
-- 
Jonathan Sélea

PGP Key: 0x8B35B3C894B964DD
Fingerprint: 4AF2 10DE 996B 673C 0FD8  AFA0 8B35 B3C8 94B9 64DD


On 2020-02-11 13:41, Brad Koehn wrote:

 
I'm no longer seeing any HTTP traffic, except the mirror prober. My mirror shows up in the list, but the mirror-selector doesn't seem to send anyone my way anymore. 
 

 


--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No traffic on mirror

Moshe M. Katz
I checked our mirror logs and we got a few hundred requests for Ubuntu ISOs over the last two days (and more before that, but I don't have time to sift through it at the moment).

After filtering out users who browsed through our site (based on referrer), it seems that almost all of the requests from us during those two days iwere for`ubuntu-18.04.03-liver-server-amd64.iso`. The user agents for most of them were Chrome on Windows 10, and a random sample of IP addresses a few local connections in our region and the vast majority are connections from Chinese mobile networks. We also had two requests for 19.04-desktop with a referrer of `<a href="http://releases.ubuntu.com/disco/ubuntu-19.04-live-server-amd64.metalink`">http://releases.ubuntu.com/disco/ubuntu-19.04-live-server-amd64.metalink`, both from Spain.

I don't know how Ubuntu chooses which mirror to direct to, but somehow it seems they've decided that ours is good for Chinese users. Either that or a lot of Chinese users have chosen to use our mirror.


Moshe

--
Moshe Katz
[hidden email]
(301) 867-3732




On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:16 AM Justin Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I can confirm, same thing on our side here. Only mirror probes, no traffic to our CD mirrors since the day we added them.

Package mirror gets some decent traffic. Am I missing something on the CD mirror side that needs to be put in place for the main site to use us as a download source? I thought perhaps it was an error on my part but I'm not alone it seems!

Thanks!

Justin Goetz
Systems Engineer, TeraSwitch Inc.
[hidden email]
412-945-7045 (NOC) | 412-459-7945 (Direct)

On 2/11/20 10:01 AM, Jonathan Sélea wrote:
I had a similar situation, so I just decided to stop mirror images because I did not receive any traffic on them anyway.
Yes, packages still works fine and great!
 
-- 
Jonathan Sélea

PGP Key: 0x8B35B3C894B964DD
Fingerprint: 4AF2 10DE 996B 673C 0FD8  AFA0 8B35 B3C8 94B9 64DD


On 2020-02-11 13:41, Brad Koehn wrote:

 
I'm no longer seeing any HTTP traffic, except the mirror prober. My mirror shows up in the list, but the mirror-selector doesn't seem to send anyone my way anymore. 
 

 

--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors

--
ubuntu-mirrors mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mirrors