Number pad not working in Lucid

Kevin O'Gorman
I'm running 10.04.04 LTS on a Gateway laptop, and have been for a
couple of years.  Suddenly, the number pad no longer works.  Num lock
goes on and off, but no keypress produces anything in a document or
the command line, although the "+" seems to produce some escape
sequence (a menu appears).

I used it yesterday just fine.  It still works when I reboot to
Windows 7 64-bit.

I don't normally fool with such stuff, so I have no idea how to begin
looking into this.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Re: Number pad not working in Lucid

Kevin O'Gorman
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm running 10.04.04 LTS on a Gateway laptop, and have been for a
> couple of years.  Suddenly, the number pad no longer works.  Num lock
> goes on and off, but no keypress produces anything in a document or
> the command line, although the "+" seems to produce some escape
> sequence (a menu appears).
>
> I used it yesterday just fine.  It still works when I reboot to
> Windows 7 64-bit.
>
> I don't normally fool with such stuff, so I have no idea how to begin
> looking into this.

Additional fact: the number pad is working in a console login (Alt-F1).

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD