OOo2-amd64

bapoumba@gmail.com
Hi everyone,
I am not sure this is the right place to send this message. Please let me know which mailing list would be more appropriate, if necessary.
On the french ubuntu forum, one member has noticed that http://people.ubuntu.com/~doko/OOo2-amd64/ is empty. Is there a reason for that ?
Thank you for your time,
Isabelle

Re: OOo2-amd64

Santiago Roza-2
hi isabella.

i guess there's no build yet... btw powerpc seems empty too.  anyway,
you should contact the maintainer matthias klose: [hidden email] or
[hidden email]

and yes, your message was offtopic: everything is offtopic here, since
this is supposed to be a zero-traffic list.  oh and all your messages
are belong to us  :P

greetings,

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra

What's on-topic for u-d (was: Re: OOo2-amd64)

Ivan Krstić-3
Santiago Roza wrote:
> and yes, your message was offtopic: everything is offtopic here, since
> this is supposed to be a zero-traffic list.

The posting rules for this list really are very simple: if you're having
a problem with Ubuntu that you really want fixed, it doesn't go on this
list, it goes to the bugtracker, no matter how important your problem is
to you. If you want to *discuss* an aspect of Ubuntu or its development,
it goes on this list.

"Implement this feature! Now!" is not a discussion. Neither is, in the
general case, "why doesn't Ubuntu do <x>?", which is usually just a
restatement of the former. "<x> doesn't work for me!" doesn't work either.

"Ubuntu doesn't do <x>. Here's a pointer to the spec I just wrote on the
wiki explaining how such functionality would work, and where I described
an approach to implementing it. Thoughts?" goes on this list. So rule of
thumb: if you're expecting discussion, this is the place to post. If
you're expecting immediate action, it's not.

(Of course, there are exceptions, and these are just the general
guidelines, but if people adhered to them, the traffic on this list
would be significantly reduced.)

--
Ivan Krstic <[hidden email]> | GPG: 0x147C722D

Re: What's on-topic for u-d (was: Re: OOo2-amd64)

bapoumba@gmail.com
my mistake, my apologies.
Thanks again and sorry for the noise
Isabelle

On 3/31/06, Ivan Krstic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you want to *discuss* an aspect of Ubuntu or its development,
> it goes on this list.

not really.  i recall many development discussions here, that were
flagged offtopic by the regulars.

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra

Re: OOo2-amd64

Alexandre Strube
Em Sex, 2006-03-31 às 23:48 +0200, Isabella escreveu:
> I am not sure this is the right place to send this message. Please let
> me know which mailing list would be more appropriate, if necessary.
> On the french ubuntu forum, one member has noticed that
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~doko/OOo2-amd64/ is empty. Is there a reason
> for that ?

Hello Isabella,

if you look well, the amd64's Ubuntu comes with 32-bit version of
openoffice, along as some support libraries (like ia32-libs-gtk for
instance). Openoffice does not yet compile well in amd64.

--
Alexandre Strube <[hidden email]>