OT: google desktop on file server

Charles Yao
Hi guys,

Is it possible to use google desktop search on my file servers? The server is full of files but not properly organized, no matter what we do the files just keep piling up and its getting harder and harder to find them.

Charles

Re: OT: google desktop on file server

Senectus .
On 12/16/05, Charles Yao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  Is it possible to use google desktop search on my file servers? The server
> is full of files but not properly organized, no matter what we do the files
> just keep piling up and its getting harder and harder to find them.

Two things I can think of:
There is no "Google Desktop" for Linux (yet)
Google Desktop is still a bit on the buggy side so be careful if your
going to install it on a Windows Server, you may find it will become
horribly slow or maybe even crash.

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
  I will write on a huge cement block "By accepting this brick through

On 12/16/05, Senectus . <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/16/05, Charles Yao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  Is it possible to use google desktop search on my file servers? The server
> is full of files but not properly organized, no matter what we do the files
> just keep piling up and its getting harder and harder to find them.

Two things I can think of:
There is no "Google Desktop" for Linux (yet)
Google Desktop is still a bit on the buggy side so be careful if your
going to install it on a Windows Server, you may find it will become
horribly slow or maybe even crash.

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
  I will write on a huge cement block "By accepting this brick through
your window, you accept it as it is and agree to my disclaimer of all
warranties, express or implied, as well as disclaimers of all
liability, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental, that may
arise from the installation of this brick into your building." - PJ
Groklaw
www.modmeup.net

Hi Senectus,

Thanks for the info.

Charles

Re: OT: google desktop on file server

Hubertus Hiden
Hi Charles !

Did you take a look at http://aduna.biz  ?

Hubertus

Charles Yao schrieb:

> Hi guys,
>
> Is it possible to use google desktop search on my file servers? The
> server is full of files but not properly organized, no matter what we
> do the files just keep piling up and its getting harder and harder to
> find them.
>
> Charles

Re: OT: google desktop on file server

Charles Yao