OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

M. Fioretti
Hello list,

I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!

Marco

100% Linux compatible

GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
than for printing)

compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
the scanner cover)

reliable

no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
~30/pages per month

cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)

TIA,
Marco
--

M. Fioretti http://mfioretti.com                   http://stop.zona-m.net

Your own civil rights and the quality of your life heavily depend on how
software is used *around* you

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
R C
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

R C
Hello Marco,


I moved to the US from Europe before Euros became a thing, but still
familiar with the metric system.


I have a Canon MX492 (Pixar), price $45 rather small (within your
dimensions), works just fine on my wireless network. It  is a printer
flat bed scanner, copier (and also fax for if you want to get
nostalgic). You just need to install the right drivers/rpm for it.

My sister has one working in a wireless residential environment, I am
using Cisco enterprise switches/routers/APs, VLANs etc, and works just
fine there too.


Ron


On 11/3/20 12:16 PM, M. Fioretti wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
>
> cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)
>
> TIA,
> Marco

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Chris Green
In reply to this post by M. Fioretti
On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 08:16:43PM +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
>
> cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)
>
Rather an incompatible set of requirements I fear! :-)

The most difficult bit is the 'good A4 scanner'.

I have a very good and definitely Linux compatible OKI all-in-one but
I *also* have an Epson v700 scanner for more serious photographic work.

--
Chris Green

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Gilles Gravier-2
In reply to this post by M. Fioretti
Hi!

See below.

On 03/11/2020 20:16, M. Fioretti wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
>
> cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)

I'm super happy with my HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro (but future versions also
work the same). It's compatible with everything (Windows, Mac, Linux,
Android...). It's networked (Ethernet and WiFi) so can sit anywhere in
your location. You can even email documents to a specific email address
and the printer will receive and print them (if you don't mind sending
your stuff to HP).

It prints, scans (A4 with flatbed or automatic feeder, can scan - in 2
steps - dual sided), faxes, of course it copies... It can even print
printers somewhat (but nowhere near as nice as my 10 cartridge fancy
Canon photo printer).

It's never broken down since November 2013 that I've had it. And so far
we've printer 6560 page so an average of 18 pages a week... 2.5 pages a
day...

It's got 4 separate color cartridges (so you don't have to buy all 4
colors when you run out of magenta). It's rather cheap to operate.

It's a bit more expensive than your price... But... again, given how
long I've had it... I've never had a printer that has lasted so long.

Overall best investment EVER as a printer.

Gilles



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Peter Flynn
In reply to this post by M. Fioretti
On 03/11/2020 19:16, M. Fioretti wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
>
> cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)

Good spec. I have always had HPs because they've always worked for me,
and they provide the hplip driver which ensures you have all the control
facilities from the printer which aren't available anyway else. HPs work
fine with CUPS and hplip, scan well with xsane, and none of them have
broken on me except through age or overwork. But they and their
cartridges are more expensive than other makes, but I've had no problems.

My gut feeling is that the cheaper the printer, the shorter the life of
the machine and its cartridges. But I have no data for that. I have had
endless problems with Brother, for some reason.

(I bought an Officejet Pro 7720 which is 31cm high, 58cm wide, and 35cm
deep, outside your spec because it also takes A3 paper, which is
important for my work.)

P

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Jared Norris

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 at 08:18, Peter Flynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 03/11/2020 19:16, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
>
> cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-user

Hi Marco,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never buy a multifunction "because it works with linux". But a multifunction because it works with everything. I only buy multifunction printers that can scan documents to a network storage so it just works with any device and doesn't rely on someone updating drivers for an old device every new linux release. I just press the scan button on the printer and it appears on whatever device in my network I choose.

I've had HP, Fuji Xerox, Brother, all work fine for me and never once had to even think about drivers.

Regards,

Jared Norris

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re and update on OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

M. Fioretti
On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 10:07, Jared Norris <[hidden email]> wrote
Hi Marco,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never buy a multifunction "because it works with linux". But a multifunction because it works with everything....

I agree. This said, personally I make/understand exceptions when there is a significant price difference...

In fact, I ended up having an epson xp-4100 ... because I got a very good deal on it. Printing worked perfectly at first try, scanning did not. Now I am discussing that part directly on the SANE-devel list. But will not be able to test soon because... my monitor or motherboard also broke :-(
See other thread for that...

Marco

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re and update on OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Bret Busby-2
On 05/11/2020, Marco Fioretti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 10:07, Jared Norris  wrote
>
> Hi Marco,
> I've said it before and I'll say it again, never buy a multifunction
> "because it works with linux". But a multifunction because it works with
> everything....
> I agree. This said, personally I make/understand exceptions when there is a
> significant price difference...
>
> In fact, I ended up having an epson xp-4100 ... because I got a very good
> deal on it. Printing worked perfectly at first try, scanning did not. Now I
> am discussing that part directly on the SANE-devel list. But will not be
> able to test soon because... my monitor or motherboard also broke :-(
> See other thread for that...
> Marco
>

I do not know how you were connecting your MFD, but, one thing that I
read, a while ago, that I remember, is that, for WiFi connected MFD's,
wired connections are required for scanning (unless scanning directly
to a USB storage device, and then physically connecting that USB
device to the target computer for uploading).

For a modern Linux compatible MFD, whilst I use a Samsung (which does
not exist anymore) by USB wired connection, we also have a Lexmark
colour laser MFD, which scans okay by wired connection (connected to
MS Windows 10, and, prints by Wifi from various other OS's devices),
and prints well, without any driver being needed to be installed, from
my UbuntuMATE 20.10 systems, via WiFi from the other end of the
(brick) house.

But, these MFD's, in Australia, cost a couple of hundred AUD, and,
even with such things costing two to three times as much as in Europe
or in the Australian government's fatherland; the USA, these MFD's
that work well with anything, are outside your specified price range.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia
..............

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Akash Rao
In reply to this post by Jared Norris
all-in-one printer? almost all companies making - for instance, hp has 2778, 2335 models. can be tried :)

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 14:38, Jared Norris <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 at 08:18, Peter Flynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 03/11/2020 19:16, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
>
> cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-user

Hi Marco,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never buy a multifunction "because it works with linux". But a multifunction because it works with everything. I only buy multifunction printers that can scan documents to a network storage so it just works with any device and doesn't rely on someone updating drivers for an old device every new linux release. I just press the scan button on the printer and it appears on whatever device in my network I choose.

I've had HP, Fuji Xerox, Brother, all work fine for me and never once had to even think about drivers.

Regards,

Jared Norris
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Akash Rao
that is in india, btw

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 15:52, Akash Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
all-in-one printer? almost all companies making - for instance, hp has 2778, 2335 models. can be tried :)

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 14:38, Jared Norris <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 at 08:18, Peter Flynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 03/11/2020 19:16, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
>
> cheap to buy and maintain (hopefully < 60/70 Euros?)

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-user

Hi Marco,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never buy a multifunction "because it works with linux". But a multifunction because it works with everything. I only buy multifunction printers that can scan documents to a network storage so it just works with any device and doesn't rely on someone updating drivers for an old device every new linux release. I just press the scan button on the printer and it appears on whatever device in my network I choose.

I've had HP, Fuji Xerox, Brother, all work fine for me and never once had to even think about drivers.

Regards,

Jared Norris
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

follow-up (and problems) about: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

M. Fioretti
In reply to this post by M. Fioretti
On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 20:16:44 PM +0100, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below...

Hello all, and thanks again to everybody who answered. Eventually, due
to unavailability of other models both on Amazon and nearby stores,
and other reasons not all relevant here, I have ended up with an Epson
XP-4100

The printer part was recognized without problems by Ubuntu 20.04, the
scanner not at all. I asked on the SANE developers list, and thanks to
their help I managed to make the scanner work... but in doing so I
"lost" the printer. Now I have two distinct printers in the Ubuntu
settings panel, instead of one, but when I print a test page from
there, or from the CUPS web interface, I get "printing completed" but
nothing at all happens in the printer. I have already posted all details
of that problem, and of how I made the scanner work here:

https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2020-November/038507.html

so I will not repeat them here. Any suggestion on how to debug the
printer issue is obviously welcome.

TIA,
Marco



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: follow-up (and problems) about: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Liam Proven
On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 20:11, M. Fioretti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...] and of how I made the scanner work here:
>
> https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2020-November/038507.html

Comment:

«
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sane-project/sane-git
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt install libsane libsane-common sane-utils
»

That should be apt-get full-upgrade.

`apt upgrade` is the equivalent of `apt-get upgrade`. It installs new
versions of existing packages but it will not add packages or
additional dependencies.

`apt full-upgrade` is the equivalent of the old `apt-get
dist-upgrade`. If a new version needs a new dependency or library or
something, it will do it.

Use `full-upgrade`. It does a more thorough job.

There is no point doing `autoremove` *before* installing new software.
Do it afterwards, if at all. It's not really necessary every time,
only if apt tells you obsolete packages are left.

> so I will not repeat them here. Any suggestion on how to debug the
> printer issue is obviously welcome.

Unplug and/or turn off the printer.
Remove *both* copies.
Reboot.
Try adding or auto-detecting the printer again.


--
Liam Proven – Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: [hidden email] – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: [hidden email]
Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Flickr: lproven – Skype: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 – ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: follow-up (and problems) about: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Colin Watson
On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 02:45:51PM +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> `apt upgrade` is the equivalent of `apt-get upgrade`. It installs new
> versions of existing packages but it will not add packages or
> additional dependencies.

Not quite.  "apt-get upgrade" will never add packages (it will instead
hold upgrades if there are new dependencies that require adding
packages), while "apt upgrade" will add packages if necessary to satisfy
new dependencies.

Neither will ever *remove* packages, though.

My understanding is that the reason for this change in semantics from
"apt-get upgrade" to "apt upgrade" is that needing to add packages is
quite common across things like library ABI changes and is generally
relatively harmless, so the behaviour of "apt-get upgrade" was a bit too
annoyingly conservative in practice.

> `apt full-upgrade` is the equivalent of the old `apt-get
> dist-upgrade`. If a new version needs a new dependency or library or
> something, it will do it.

As does "apt upgrade" (but not "apt-get upgrade").  The difference
between "apt upgrade" and "apt full-upgrade" is that the former will
hold upgrades if there are new conflicts that require removing packages,
while the latter will remove packages if necessary to satisfy new
conflicts.

(I agree with the recommendation to use "apt full-upgrade" in most
cases.)

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [[hidden email]]

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: follow-up (and problems) about: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Doug McGarrett
In reply to this post by Liam Proven


On 11/6/20 8:45 AM, Liam Proven wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 20:11, M. Fioretti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> [...] and of how I made the scanner work here:
>>
>> https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2020-November/038507.html
> Comment:
>
> «
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sane-project/sane-git
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get upgrade
> sudo apt autoremove
> sudo apt install libsane libsane-common sane-utils
> »
>
> That should be apt-get full-upgrade.
>
> `apt upgrade` is the equivalent of `apt-get upgrade`. It installs new
> versions of existing packages but it will not add packages or
> additional dependencies.
>
> `apt full-upgrade` is the equivalent of the old `apt-get
> dist-upgrade`. If a new version needs a new dependency or library or
> something, it will do it.
>
> Use `full-upgrade`. It does a more thorough job.
>
> There is no point doing `autoremove` *before* installing new software.
> Do it afterwards, if at all. It's not really necessary every time,
> only if apt tells you obsolete packages are left.
>
>> so I will not repeat them here. Any suggestion on how to debug the
>> printer issue is obviously welcome.
> Unplug and/or turn off the printer.
> Remove *both* copies.
> Reboot.
> Try adding or auto-detecting the printer again.
>
>
I don't know if this will help, since I'm using an rpm
system--OpenSUSE-TW, but I too
had a lot of headache trying to get the scanner to work. This was
finally the fix(es):
Make sure to download and install the available s/w from Epson. If you
don't have
a file called epkowa.conf in your /sane.d directory, get it somewhere
and add it.
It is REQUIRED! Modification to that is shown below. You will have to be
super user
to modify the file. If you are working from a super-user version of your
file manager,
you should be able to modify the file(s) with kate. Don't forget to save.
On your aio printer, set a fixed ip address. (I use 192.168.1.26 on my
Epson WP-4530.
The printer manual will tell you how to do that.)  In epkowa.conf
uncomment, if not already
done, usb and scsi. Uncomment the line that starts with net and insert
the fixed ip that you have
installed on the printer. (This was my problem solver.)
The following were set up automatically, but if not, try these things:
In a file called /epson.conf, uncomment scsi EPSON and scsi "EPSON SC"
also uncomment usb.
In the file /epson2.conf, uncomment scsi EPSON and usb, and uncomment
net and put in your
printer fixed ip address. Uncomment net autodiscovery.
In a file /epsonds.conf there should be an uncommented line, usb.
Good luck!  --doug



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: follow-up (and problems) about: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Liam Proven
In reply to this post by Colin Watson
On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 21:04, Colin Watson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not quite.  "apt-get upgrade" will never add packages (it will instead
> hold upgrades if there are new dependencies that require adding
> packages), while "apt upgrade" will add packages if necessary to satisfy
> new dependencies.
>
> Neither will ever *remove* packages, though.

Ahhh, right. Thanks for the clarification!

--
Liam Proven – Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: [hidden email] – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: [hidden email]
Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Flickr: lproven – Skype: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 – ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT: recommendation for all-in-one printer?

Bjoern Voigt-3
In reply to this post by M. Fioretti
M. Fioretti wrote:

> I must buy a combined printer/flatbed scanner. Requirements below. Any
> suggestion/user experience/horror story is welcome. Thanks for your time!
>
> Marco
>
> 100% Linux compatible
>
> GOOD A4 scanner (I will be use this thing much more to scan family photos
> than for printing)
>
> compact: it MUST fit in a shelf about 45cm wide, ~25cm high when
> closed (the bottom of the shelf slides forward when I need to raise
> the scanner cover)
>
> reliable
>
> no high printing requirements. I do need to print stuff, in color, but
> its text/diagrams, not pictures, and I rarely print more than
> ~30/pages per month
Take a look at the HP Smart Tank Plus AiO printers. The HP Smart Tank
Plus 555 AiO is the smallers variant.

Greetings,
Björn

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users