Off subject but I need help

Peter Goggin-2
My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN. I am having considerable problems which Telstra seem unable to fix. The telephone service is unreliable, call go to voice mail and the phone does not ring and yet we can call out. Resetting the telstra modem fixes the problem for a day or so but the it comes back. Most of the time the internet worked normally. Now for the past few days logging onto the internet causes problesm.
When I connect to the internet I get a message :
Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.
 I have tried with three laptops and get the same problem , hence unlikely to be a laptop problem.

The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then is displayed as a '?'. My browser will connect to the internet but once a page is selected it is not always possible to follow links. It claims firefox has detected the server is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete and problem may be caused by not accepting cookies.
 So far telstra have replaced their modem but this did not make any difference.

I do  not understand what is going.

Am I alone in having problems with the conversion to NBN.
 I realise this is not the right list for these problems but if ubuntu is responsible for trying to get onto hotspots please tell me how to stop it.

Regards

Peter Goggin

Re: Off subject but I need help

Oliver Grawert
hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.07.2019, 02:06 +1000 schrieb Peter:
> Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.

smells like your provider forces you through a hidden proxy or some
such that has a redirect problem [1] ...

ciao
        oli

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes#3xx_Redirec
tion

Re: Off subject but I need help

Colin Law
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 17:08, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I realise this is not the right list for these problems but if ubuntu is responsible for trying to get onto hotspots please tell me how to stop it.

I don't understand what the question has to do with hotspots.  I
thought you were trying to connect via your home connection.

Are you able to access any web sites at all?  For example www.google.com.
Also, what happens if you run, in a terminal
wget www.google.com

Colin

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 18:08, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN.

I think that this is some Australian thing? Remember we're from all
over the world and we don't know.

> When I connect to the internet I get a message :
> Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.
>  I have tried with three laptops and get the same problem , hence unlikely to be a laptop problem.

Sounds like a sign-in page or captive portal. You may need to use that
to log in. This might require Windows and IE.

> The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then is displayed as a '?'.

"Signal strength"?

Do you mean you're only using Wifi? Try with a cable. Get that working
first. THEN try wifi.

Re: Off subject but I need help

Little Girl
Hey there,

Peter wrote:

>When I connect to the internet I get a message :
>Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.
>  I have tried with three laptops and get the same problem , hence
>unlikely to be a laptop problem.

Try going into the browser settings and clearing your cache and
cookies.

>The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then
>is displayed as a '?'. My browser will connect to the internet but
>once a page is selected it is not always possible to follow links.
>It claims firefox has detected the server is redirecting the request
>in a way that will never complete and problem may be caused by not
>accepting cookies.

While you're in the settings, see if you can find one for
allowing or accepting session cookies.

>Am I alone in having problems with the conversion to NBN.

You're not alone. Someone I know is wrestling with a similar issue
with a different company here in America.

>  I realise this is not the right list for these problems but if
> ubuntu is responsible for trying to get onto hotspots please tell
> me how to stop it.

Ubuntu isn't responsible for getting onto hotspots, but is definitely
capable of it.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

Re: Off subject but I need help

Compdoc@hotrodpc.com

On 7/16/19 10:06 AM, Peter wrote:

The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then is displayed as a '?'.

So, you own a wifi modem, or do they own the equipment? you have a router/firewall? Describe your setup.

Re: Off subject but I need help

Karl Auer
On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 02:06 +1000, Peter wrote:
> My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN.
> [...]
> Now for the past few days logging onto the internet causes problems.

First: Start keeping a diary. Don't try to troubleshoot in it, and
don't theorise: Just write down every problem you have, when it started
and when it finished (if it finished). Especially note any phone calls
or emails sent to Telstra, NBNCo etc. Times, dates, call length, and
try to always find out who you speak to. They may not want to give
names, in which case ask if there is any identifying number of code
they can give you. If they refuse to identify themselves at all, note
that too.

If push ever comes to shove, this diary will be an invaluable resource,
plus it lets you provide a consistent and coherent picture to whomever
is supporting you.

What kind of NBN connection do you have? FTTP, FTTC, FTTN, fixed
wireless, satellite?

> When I connect to the internet I get a message :
> Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.

"Connect to the Internet" is an extremely vague expression. What
EXACTLY are you doing? Fictional example: "When I run Firefox 64.0 on
Ubuntu 16.04LTS and attempt to load www.google.com, there is a thirty-
second pause before a message is displayed in blue in the middle of an
otherwise white window that says 'Load cannot follow more than 20
redirections'". If the message comes up in a dialogue box, describe the
size, location and title of the dialogue box. Take screenshots.

>   I have tried with three laptops and get the same problem , hence
> unlikely to be a laptop problem.

Is it happening with the same website site or with many different
sites? If it's just one site and most others work, then it is probably
an issue with the site, not you. If it happens with many different
sites, then the problem may indeed be at your end.

Another way to check this is by trying from a different computer on a
different network - such as a public PC at a library, or from a
neighbours' place.

> The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then
> is displayed as a '?'

Signal strength of what? Your local wifi? Something displayed on your
NBN router? What do you mean by "good"? Where are you seeing this
question mark displayed?

> My browser will connect to the internet but once a
> page is selected it is not always possible to follow links. It
> claims firefox has detected the server is redirecting the request in
> a way that will never complete and problem may be caused by not
> accepting cookies.

The above symptom is almost always a site issue OR you really are not
accepting cookies. Please provide a specific example of a site that you
are attempting to access, that fails. And make sure that you ARE
accepting cookies!

>   So far telstra have replaced their modem but this did not make any
> difference.

It might help with overall Internet reliability, but it won't help with
browser or website issues. The people who answer the phone at Telstra
are rarely competent. Just keep calling and complaining, follow the
complaints procedure, ask for refunds and so on. The diary will be
useful with all that. But it's a hard row to hoe...

Regards, K.

Karl Auer ([hidden email])
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer
http://twitter.com/kauer389

GPG fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D
Old fingerprint: A0CD 28F0 10BE FC21 C57C 67C1 19A6 83A4 9B0B 1D75

Re: Off subject but I need help

Gene Heskett-2
On Tuesday 16 July 2019 12:06:43 Peter wrote:

> My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN. I am
> having considerable problems which Telstra seem unable to fix. The
> telephone service is unreliable, call go to voice mail and the phone
> does not ring and yet we can call out. Resetting the telstra modem
> fixes the problem for a day or so but the it comes back. Most of the
> time the internet worked normally. Now for the past few days logging
> onto the internet causes problesm.
> When I connect to the internet I get a message :
> Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.
>   I have tried with three laptops and get the same problem , hence
> unlikely to be a laptop problem.
>
> The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then is
> displayed as a '?'. My browser will connect to the internet but once a
> page is selected it is not always possible to follow links. It claims
> firefox has detected the server is redirecting the request in a way
> that will never complete and problem may be caused by not accepting
> cookies. So far telstra have replaced their modem but this did not
> make any difference.
>
> I do  not understand what is going.

I don't either, but one thing is for sure. Their service should conform
to RFC standards, which if it did, you would not be subjected to
problems they (or you) can't fix.  Vote with your wallet, and get
connected to a service that works.

> Am I alone in having problems with the conversion to NBN.
>   I realise this is not the right list for these problems but if
> ubuntu is responsible for trying to get onto hotspots please tell me
> how to stop it.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Goggin

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis

Re: Off subject but I need help

Bret Busby-2
On 17/07/2019, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN. I am
> having considerable problems which Telstra seem unable to fix. The
> telephone service is unreliable, call go to voice mail and the phone
> does not ring and yet we can call out. Resetting the telstra modem fixes
> the problem for a day or so but the it comes back. Most of the time the
> internet worked normally. Now for the past few days logging onto the
> internet causes problesm.
> When I connect to the internet I get a message :
> Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.
>   I have tried with three laptops and get the same problem , hence
> unlikely to be a laptop problem.
>
> The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then is
> displayed as a '?'. My browser will connect to the internet but once a
> page is selected it is not always possible to follow links. It claims
> firefox has detected the server is redirecting the request in a way that
> will never complete and problem may be caused by not accepting cookies.
>   So far telstra have replaced their modem but this did not make any
> difference.
>
> I do  not understand what is going.
>
> Am I alone in having problems with the conversion to NBN.
>   I realise this is not the right list for these problems but if ubuntu
> is responsible for trying to get onto hotspots please tell me how to
> stop it.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Goggin

After about a year of problems with having been forced to switch to
the No B$@@#y Network, with Optus, and, having been through a number
of modem/routers, that each failed within a few months, the last one
lasting about two weeks, I switched this household to using 4G for
accessing the Internet.

I have a cellphone with two different SIM cards, each a different
carrier, we have another cellphone, and. I have a 4G modem/router with
Ethernet and WiFi.

With four different SIM cards in use, I cut our monthly costs by about
$50, and, with the cellphones used for WiFi hotspots, they give better
continuity and performance, than current available modems.

Depending on your location within Australia, you may be able to get
much better performance using 4G and maybe 5G access, than is possible
from the NBN.

You should have a satisfaction period, where, if, within 30 or so
days, if you are not satisfied with the NBN service, you can cancel
it. You would lose your landline number (we have lost ours, that we
had for about 25 years), but, with the NBN, when the power goes off,
so do landline telephone connections, so, you are better off using
cellphones, anyway, now.

If you want to contact me offline, I am happy to discuss this further,
with more details, but, at this stage, I strongly recommend cancelling
the NBN connection, and switching completely to 4G cellphone network
access.

The NBN is simply best described by what the acronym really
represents; No B$@@#y Network.

Oh, and, with using the cellphones as wifi hotspots, I have a
UbuntuMATE 18.04.x system accessing my cellphone, and a UbuntuMATE
16.04.x system also concurrently connected, and, me missus uses a
Windows 10 system to connect to her cellphone (same model cellphone as
mine) through USB tethering (which also, concurrently, charges the
phone), and she sometimes works from home, with that access - she is a
senior software developer.

And, reasonably good data quota plans are available at reasonable
pricing, for 4G network plans.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
 Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
 "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
 A Trilogy In Four Parts",
 written by Douglas Adams,
 published by Pan Books, 1992

Re: Off subject but I need help

Bret Busby-2
On 17/07/2019, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN. I am
> having considerable problems which Telstra seem unable to fix. The
> telephone service is unreliable, call go to voice mail and the phone
> does not ring and yet we can call out. Resetting the telstra modem fixes
> the problem for a day or so but the it comes back. Most of the time the
> internet worked normally. Now for the past few days logging onto the
> internet causes problesm.
> When I connect to the internet I get a message :
> Load cannot follow more then 20 redirections.
>   I have tried with three laptops and get the same problem , hence
> unlikely to be a laptop problem.
>
> The signal strength is good when setting up the connection but then is
> displayed as a '?'. My browser will connect to the internet but once a
> page is selected it is not always possible to follow links. It claims
> firefox has detected the server is redirecting the request in a way that
> will never complete and problem may be caused by not accepting cookies.
>   So far telstra have replaced their modem but this did not make any
> difference.
>
> I do  not understand what is going.
>
> Am I alone in having problems with the conversion to NBN.
>   I realise this is not the right list for these problems but if ubuntu
> is responsible for trying to get onto hotspots please tell me how to
> stop it.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Goggin

It has just occurred to me - you said that you CAN connect to the
Internet, and that the problem is with the servers that you encounter.

Have you tried ping and traceroute, to find where you are being sent,
when you try to access a web site?

Can you access bom.gov.au, with a web browser?

Also, with cookies, have you tried using a web browser with the cookie
setting to save cookies for only as long as the current session?

Also, given my previous post regarding the NBN, have you tried the web
site ozspeedtest.com? If you do, you need javascript enabled, and, I
recommend using the alternate version of the test, using the Optus
mirror (I have also used the iinet mirror, as I am in a suburb of
Perth, WA, and, both gave as good results for my cellphone wifi
hotspot, and, often, better, than the NBN modem)

On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 13:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 July 2019 12:06:43 Peter wrote:
> > My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN.
> Vote with your wallet, and get connected to a service that works.

For those not in Oz, the short short story is that one government came
up with a great idea (a national broadband network), but the then
opposition perverted the idea into a parody of itself, won government,
and "delivered" a shockingly underpowered, sad little shadow of what
might have been, condemning Australia to being at least ten to fifteen
years behind the times or until until it is inevitably replaced with
what it should have been in the first place. Whichever is longer.

One key aspect of this pathetic system is that the then incumbents,
including the mightiest, most advanced network in the country,
Telstra's, were forced, by law, not to compete with the NBN. Why?
Because the NBN was supposed to be *profitable* and to pay back its
cost. These tiny-minded bureaucrats wanted to make this network
independently *profitable*, unable to see that the benefits to every
sector of industry and society of having such a network would vastly
outweigh the direct cost. The requirement that the network pay for
itself, and provide a direct return on investment, has absolutely
dominated every meaningful decision around it, and completely crippled
the network - which ironically means it will never, ever be profitable.

So for most people, voting with their wallet is not possible.

There ya go - now you are up to speed. Which on the NBN is not
guaranteed to be more than 12Mb/s. Welcome to the lucky country.

On 7/16/19 1:29 PM, Karl Auer wrote:

> For those not in Oz, the short short story is that one government came
> up with a great idea
Sorry to hear. Does that upcoming Amazon internet service sound like it
will be available to you? No idea if it works with voip.

On Tuesday 16 July 2019 15:29:40 Karl Auer wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 13:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 July 2019 12:06:43 Peter wrote:
> > > My telephone and internet services have been converted to NBN.
> >
> > Vote with your wallet, and get connected to a service that works.
>
> For those not in Oz, the short short story is that one government came
> up with a great idea (a national broadband network), but the then
> opposition perverted the idea into a parody of itself, won government,
> and "delivered" a shockingly underpowered, sad little shadow of what
> might have been, condemning Australia to being at least ten to fifteen
> years behind the times or until until it is inevitably replaced with
> what it should have been in the first place. Whichever is longer.
>
> One key aspect of this pathetic system is that the then incumbents,
> including the mightiest, most advanced network in the country,
> Telstra's, were forced, by law, not to compete with the NBN. Why?
> Because the NBN was supposed to be *profitable* and to pay back its
> cost. These tiny-minded bureaucrats wanted to make this network
> independently *profitable*, unable to see that the benefits to every
> sector of industry and society of having such a network would vastly
> outweigh the direct cost. The requirement that the network pay for
> itself, and provide a direct return on investment, has absolutely
> dominated every meaningful decision around it, and completely crippled
> the network - which ironically means it will never, ever be
> profitable.
>
> So for most people, voting with their wallet is not possible.

Temporarily true, Karl. But do your ballot boxes still work? If so you
can get on the road to fixing it by voting that bunch of numbskulls out
when they next stand for that office.  And don't allow them to play
shuffleboard between industry and gov office regulating that industry
(and back) like we've done waaay too many times.

> There ya go - now you are up to speed. Which on the NBN is not
> guaranteed to be more than 12Mb/s. Welcome to the lucky country.

I can get a gigabyte, all I have to do is pay for it.

> Regards, K.

>~ Karl Auer ([hidden email])
> http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer
> http://twitter.com/kauer389
>
> GPG fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D
> Old fingerprint: A0CD 28F0 10BE FC21 C57C 67C1 19A6 83A4 9B0B 1D75

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis

Re: Off subject but I need help

ubuntu-users mailing list
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 20:05:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>But do your ballot boxes still work?

The ballot boxes are working very good.

Ursula von der Leyen increased social inequality when she was Minister
of Family Affairs and Youth and when she was Minister of Labour and
Social Affairs she continued doing it. By her incompetence she run down
the German armed forces when she was Minister of Defence. Her doctoral
dissertation is plagiarism. Yesterday she became President of the
European Commission. The citizens of the EU did not vote for her.
Ursula von der Leyen wasn't a candidate at all. Ursula von der Leyen is
from the same Party as Julia Klöckner, who has done attention-getting
lobby work for Nestlé ( https://www.bottledlifefilm.com/home ) this
year and Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer who recommended to forbid free
speech this year. Those Christian women are without ethical values. The
Social Democratic Party's campaign promise was not under any
circumstances to form a coalition with those "Christians".

Résumé:

For Germany the ballot boxes did a good job. We got a correct election
result against a coalition of the Social Democratic Party with those
"Christians". The Social Democratic Party cheated the German voters,
IOW they don't care about the election result at all, so we have got
the coalition.

For the EU the ballot boxes worked perfectly again. The citizens of the
EU did vote for candidates. We again got a correct election result,
just the EU parliamentarians ignore the election result, so we now have
a president who wasn't even a candidate, she got not a single vote of
an EU citizen by the original elections.

What doesn't work is constitutional democracy, we need direct democracy
and we need tough penalties for deceptive political practice.

Re: Off subject but I need help

Bret Busby-2
On 17/07/2019, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 20:05:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>But do your ballot boxes still work?
>
> The ballot boxes are working very good.

The ballot boxes may work in other countries, but Australia has rather
perverted ways of preventing democratic government, and, as a previous
chief judge of the Australian supreme court, colloquially named in
Australia as the High Court, has said, the Australian constitution
does not provide the Australian people, either the right to choose
whether to vote, or, the right to choose the members of the feral
parliament.

On Wednesday 17 July 2019 04:21:00 Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 20:05:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >But do your ballot boxes still work?
>
> The ballot boxes are working very good.
>
> Ursula von der Leyen increased social inequality when she was Minister
> of Family Affairs and Youth and when she was Minister of Labour and
> Social Affairs she continued doing it. By her incompetence she run
> down the German armed forces when she was Minister of Defence. Her
> doctoral dissertation is plagiarism. Yesterday she became President of
> the European Commission. The citizens of the EU did not vote for her.
> Ursula von der Leyen wasn't a candidate at all. Ursula von der Leyen
> is from the same Party as Julia Klöckner, who has done
> attention-getting lobby work for Nestlé (
> https://www.bottledlifefilm.com/home ) this year and Annegret
> Kramp-Karrenbauer who recommended to forbid free speech this year.
> Those Christian women are without ethical values. The Social
> Democratic Party's campaign promise was not under any
> circumstances to form a coalition with those "Christians".
>
> Résumé:
>
> For Germany the ballot boxes did a good job. We got a correct election
> result against a coalition of the Social Democratic Party with those
> "Christians". The Social Democratic Party cheated the German voters,
> IOW they don't care about the election result at all, so we have got
> the coalition.
>
> For the EU the ballot boxes worked perfectly again. The citizens of
> the EU did vote for candidates. We again got a correct election
> result, just the EU parliamentarians ignore the election result, so we
> now have a president who wasn't even a candidate, she got not a single
> vote of an EU citizen by the original elections.

Eeeeeeuuuuuu! So the EU took less time than I thought to degenerate into
an old boys network, run by those with the price of a Maybach in the
bank.

> What doesn't work is constitutional democracy, we need direct
> democracy and we need tough penalties for deceptive political
> practice.

We, as the watching world is well aware of Ralf, need a liberal
application of that ourselves. A successful "draining of the swamp" is
just a good start. It's a slow process, with lots of kicking and
screaming.  But as always, follow the money.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 17:07:49 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

>On 17/07/2019, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 20:05:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>But do your ballot boxes still work?
>>
>> The ballot boxes are working very good.
>
>The ballot boxes may work in other countries, but Australia has rather
>perverted ways of preventing democratic government, and, as a previous
>chief judge of the Australian supreme court, colloquially named in
>Australia as the High Court, has said, the Australian constitution
>does not provide the Australian people, either the right to choose
>whether to vote, or, the right to choose the members of the feral
>parliament.

On Paper the German constitution is very good, as well as the
fundamental idea of the European Union, it just doesn't work in
practise. Representative democracy is not wrong per se, direct
democracy has got some pitfalls, too. Hence my résumé:
"What doesn't work is constitutional democracy, we need direct democracy
and we need tough penalties for deceptive political practice." This
could still include a level of representative democracy, as long as
they don't ignore the results of elections all the times. Here in
Germany and the EU democracy does not exist at the moment. The
politicians don't give a damn, they ignore the constitution as well as
election results. Violence against politicians is increasing.
Ironically not the cheated democratic citizens become violent. Right
wing extremist were violent since decades, but they hardly ever attack
politicians. The politicians ignored a huge amount of violence against
the citizens. Now the right wing extremists attack politicians more
often. The violence is wrong, but it's self-explaining why this
happens. The cause for this aren't echo chambers spreading fake news,
the reasons are the facts spread by the politicians. The most good
example is less than a day old. The EU election worked, nobody does
question the vote count. For the last elections the politicians promised
to treat the Spitzenkandidat/lead candidate principle not like a
convention, but like an obligation. This was just another lie,
_again_ they ignored the will of the voters completely. At the same
time they promise to care more about the voters will, the care less
about it.

The solution would be passive resistance. We only need to deny to
repair a politician's car, to sell them closes, to fly their private
jets etc. and to vote a completely different kind of politicians next
time.

Actually the big parties such as the German "Christians" and the social
"Dems" already go south. Not by violence, not by passive resistance,
but by elections. They once were mega parties and now they don't get
much votes anymore. They get still enough votes to cheat the
voters, but they already have gone the way of the dodo, it doesn't take
very long anymore and they are nothing but history.

It just takes some time.

Re: Off subject but I need help

Jared Norris
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 21:07, Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 July 2019 04:21:00 Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 20:05:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >But do your ballot boxes still work?
> >
> > The ballot boxes are working very good.
> >
> > Ursula von der Leyen increased social inequality when she was Minister
> > of Family Affairs and Youth and when she was Minister of Labour and
> > Social Affairs she continued doing it. By her incompetence she run
> > down the German armed forces when she was Minister of Defence. Her
> > doctoral dissertation is plagiarism. Yesterday she became President of
> > the European Commission. The citizens of the EU did not vote for her.
> > Ursula von der Leyen wasn't a candidate at all. Ursula von der Leyen
> > is from the same Party as Julia Klöckner, who has done
> > attention-getting lobby work for Nestlé (
> > https://www.bottledlifefilm.com/home ) this year and Annegret
> > Kramp-Karrenbauer who recommended to forbid free speech this year.
> > Those Christian women are without ethical values. The Social
> > Democratic Party's campaign promise was not under any
> > circumstances to form a coalition with those "Christians".
> >
> > Résumé:
> >
> > For Germany the ballot boxes did a good job. We got a correct election
> > result against a coalition of the Social Democratic Party with those
> > "Christians". The Social Democratic Party cheated the German voters,
> > IOW they don't care about the election result at all, so we have got
> > the coalition.
> >
> > For the EU the ballot boxes worked perfectly again. The citizens of
> > the EU did vote for candidates. We again got a correct election
> > result, just the EU parliamentarians ignore the election result, so we
> > now have a president who wasn't even a candidate, she got not a single
> > vote of an EU citizen by the original elections.
>
> Eeeeeeuuuuuu! So the EU took less time than I thought to degenerate into
> an old boys network, run by those with the price of a Maybach in the
> bank.
>
> > What doesn't work is constitutional democracy, we need direct
> > democracy and we need tough penalties for deceptive political
> > practice.
>
> We, as the watching world is well aware of Ralf, need a liberal
> application of that ourselves. A successful "draining of the swamp" is
> just a good start. It's a slow process, with lots of kicking and
> screaming.  But as always, follow the money.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
>  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

On behalf of the moderation team, please stop thread. This is way off
topic for the list and not everyone needs to hear about local
politics.

OP: If you're only having the issue with the one Ubuntu computer then
please ask a more targeted question about how to troubleshoot. If
you're experiencing ISP problems with all your devices then emailing
this list will not be able to help you in anyway shape or form,
contact your ISP.

Regards,

Jared Norris
(on behalf of the moderation team).