Official .config file for Ubuntu Kernel packages

Official .config file for Ubuntu Kernel packages

Jochen Roemling
Hello,

after I've seen that the bcm43xx module in the Ubuntu Kernel tree
published at kernel.org/git has been significantly updated, I was
planning to build a bleeding-edge kernel to test if it still freezes
when activating the interface on my Dell Latitude D800.

Cloning the git tree is no problem, but I don't have the official
.config file that is used by the kernel team when creating the packages
that can later be found on archives.ubuntu.com.

I have found a .config file in the linux-headers package, but there
should be an easier way.
Where can I find the .config file that is used in the official builds?
Or is there some make <whatever> option in the Ubuntu tree?

Thanks for the info, please cc me on reply

Jochen

Re: Official .config file for Ubuntu Kernel packages

Ben Collins-5
On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 13:50 +0100, Jochen Roemling wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after I've seen that the bcm43xx module in the Ubuntu Kernel tree
> published at kernel.org/git has been significantly updated, I was
> planning to build a bleeding-edge kernel to test if it still freezes
> when activating the interface on my Dell Latitude D800.
>
> Cloning the git tree is no problem, but I don't have the official
> .config file that is used by the kernel team when creating the packages
> that can later be found on archives.ubuntu.com.
>
> I have found a .config file in the linux-headers package, but there
> should be an easier way.
> Where can I find the .config file that is used in the official builds?
> Or is there some make <whatever> option in the Ubuntu tree?

debian/configs/<arch>/config
debian/configs/<arch>/config.<flavor>

If you cat the arch and flavor configs together, you have our config.
Something like:

cat debian/configs/i386/config{,.686} > .config

--
Ben Collins
Kernel Developer - Ubuntu Linux