Open a pdf from a url

Wade Smart
11152005 1818 GMT-5

How can I open a pdf from a url if I cant get the plug-in for firefox to
install?

Im still having these issues:

wadesmart@wadesmart:~$ sudo apt-get install mozilla-acroread

Password:

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

mozilla-acroread is already the newest version.

W: Couldn't stat source package list http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/multiverse  Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubunutu_dists_breezy_multiverse _binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

Wade

Re: Open a pdf from a url

Sarangan Thuraisingham / துரைசிங்கம் சாரங்கன்
Wade Smart wrote:

> 11152005 1818 GMT-5
>
> How can I open a pdf from a url if I cant get the plug-in for firefox to
> install?
>
> Im still having these issues:
>
> wadesmart@wadesmart:~$ sudo apt-get install mozilla-acroread
>
> Password:
>
> Reading package lists... Done
>
> Building dependency tree... Done
>
> mozilla-acroread is already the newest version.

> W: Couldn't stat source package list http://archive.ubuntu.com
> breezy/multiverse  Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubunutu_dists_breezy_multiverse
> _binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
>
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>

> Wade

  Why don't you right click and save it to disk. Then you can just open
it with xpdf or acroread or evince ....

  - Saru
Sarangan Thuraisingham
ECS, University of Southampton, UK