Optimizing Ebuntu / Ubuntu? Was: Re: ANNOUNCING : Ebuntu , Enlightenment 0.17 + Ubuntu

Optimizing Ebuntu / Ubuntu? Was: Re: ANNOUNCING : Ebuntu , Enlightenment 0.17 + Ubuntu

Phillip Sc. Boegh
Hi Ebuntu's

I wonder how much you have cut out of the basic Ubuntu-setup and if the
kernel is special designed - I could not browse to get an answer.

To minimize Ubuntu for smaller to medium computers donated for use in
low-tech areas we have started -a-not-yet-prof-readed- guideline to
speed-up older (and newer) computers at:
http://scientific.dk/IT-support/optimization.html

These kind of optimizations are they already made as part of the Ebuntu
project?

> PJG> I agree with Olivier: at first, I thought Manish
> PJG> was talking about edubuntu...

About confusing:
http://ubuntuforums.org/gallery/browseimages.php?do=browseimages&c=5&page=2

No, it's not a new Ubuntu variant. iBuntu is another sticker that any mac
use can display saying they use Ubuntu.
Updated with new version.
Best regards

Phillip B√łgh