Out of Space

Richard Barmann
This is Emailed from the Kubuntu 16.0464Bit I installed.I need to know
how to format/delete the Ubuntu 16.04 32Bit and format/delete the Ubuntu
15.05 32Bit. Then install the Ubuntu 64 Bit

TerminalOutput.odt (24K) Download Attachment

Re: Out of Space

Ralf Mardorf-2
Hi,

dick@dick-desktop:~$ sudo fdisk -1
fdisk: invalid option -- '1'

The -1 should be -l, IOW a "L" not a "one".

dick@dick-desktop:~$ cat /etc/fstab
# / was on /dev/sda2 during installation
# swap was on /dev/sda3 during installation
# swap was on /dev/sdb6 during installation

For the install you booted you are only using

/dev/sda2, /dev/sda3 and /dev/sdb6. I would keep a swap on each
partition, but anyway change the fstab entry, to use just one swap, but
this is unimportant yet.

You could reformat the remaining partitions:

dick@dick-desktop:~$ sudo blkid
/dev/sda1

/dev/sda4
/dev/sdb1
/dev/sdb5

/dev/sdb7
/dev/sdb8

You should provide the output of

  sudo parted -l

and

  sudo hwinfo --memory

it's better human readable than sudo fdisk -l.
It could be important to know how large or small the 3 used partitions
and your RAM are. Maybe you also need to resize partitions.

Please, next time don't attach an .odt file. If you want to copy the
text to an editor use the Kubuntu default editor, wich seemingly is
Kate and store it as a .txt, plain text file.

Regards,
Ralf