Packages

Vignesh M
I use dpkg to install packages in Ubuntu.I don`t have an interner connection.So I install packages like amarok,K3b etc using dpkg.When I open Synaptic package manager it says there are 13  broken packages.Is this something that has to be avoided.Since I never use synaptic as I don`t have a internet connection in Ubuntu and plus I only use dpkg to add packages.

How do I remove packages with dpkg ?

How do I see the list of packages ?
It is something like dpkg -query -1 or something ? Whats the full form for dpkg ?

Cheers
Vignesh

Re: Packages

Dennis Kaarsemaker
On za, 2005-11-05 at 10:55 +0530, VIGNESH wrote:
> How do I remove packages with dpkg ?

dpkg -P $package

> How do I see the list of packages ?

dpkg -l

See the manpage of dpkg for all details and options.
--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org

Re: Packages

Vignesh M
Ok Thanks for that what about the broken packages ? Is it ok or what ?
Cheers
Vignesh

On za, 2005-11-05 at 12:42 +0530, VIGNESH wrote:
> Ok Thanks for that what about the broken packages ? Is it ok or what ?

Broken packages means something went wrong while installing that
package; it is NOT ok.
--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org
  - Linux voor normale mensen: http://www.ubuntulinux.nl

Re: Packages

Vignesh M
But what if the packages work fine..Since amarok works fine and no errors at all.So is it ok then..
Vignesh