Permission to add new strings to update-manager post-UIF

Permission to add new strings to update-manager post-UIF

Marcus Tomlinson
The following strings need to be added to update-manager in order to resolve bug #1871100:

_("Upgrade only partially completed.")
_("An error occurred while updating snaps. Please check your network connection.”)

The bug can be found here:

The MP can be found here:

Thank you.

Regards,
Marcus Tomlinson

Re: Permission to add new strings to update-manager post-UIF

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-04-16 12:39, Marcus Tomlinson wrote:

> The following strings need to be added to update-manager in order to
> resolve bug #1871100:
>
> _("Upgrade only partially completed.")
> _("An error occurred while updating snaps. Please check your network
> connection.”)
>
> The bug can be found here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/1871100
>
> The MP can be found here:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~marcustomlinson/update-manager/update-manager/+merge/382410

Well, what can I say? TBH I don't think that our procedures give
translators any veto power. The bug is implicitly an UIFe request, and
the decision lies with the release team. With that said, it's important
that info about late translatable strings are brought to the
translators, and that's done with your message.

Btw, isn't there an unusually large number of late translatable strings
this cycle?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: Permission to add new strings to update-manager post-UIF

Marcus Tomlinson
Unfortunately I was away on paternity leave then subsequently very ill during the time this stuff should have been done.

On 2020-04-16 13:36, Marcus Tomlinson wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2020, at 12:03, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Btw, isn't there an unusually large number of late translatable
>> strings this cycle?
>
> Unfortunately I was away on paternity leave then subsequently very
> ill during the time this stuff should have been done.

Congrats and my sympathy. Want to clarify that my tart remark was not
directed to you only. ;)

/ Gunnar