Planned Maintenance Advisory (Service Affecting): Ubuntu mailing lists - 2017-09-04 00:00 UTC

Planned Maintenance Advisory (Service Affecting): Ubuntu mailing lists - 2017-09-04 00:00 UTC

Paul Gear

Planned Maintenance Advisory (Service Affecting): Ubuntu mailing lists - 2017-09-04 00:00 UTC

In order to expand capacity and to provide better mailing list deliverability to email providers using DMARC [1], we will be performing service-affecting maintenance on the  Ubuntu mailing lists server, starting from 00:00 UTC next Monday, 2017-09-04.  We anticipate this maintenance to take no longer than 6 hours.

During the downtime, there will be no emails delivered on Ubuntu mailing lists.  All other Canonical-managed Ubuntu services should remain up and be unaffected.

Progress of the work will be communicated in #canonical-sysadmins on Freenode IRC.  If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Vanguard mentioned in the #canonical-sysadmins channel topic and quote ticket uRT#30108.

Mailing list moderators, please notify your respective lists of this maintenance as necessary.

Paul Gear
Canonical - Information Systems

  1. https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC