Quantcast

Plasma 5.9.3 drops in Zesty - Important note

Plasma 5.9.3 drops in Zesty - Important note

Clive Johnston-3
Yesterday, Plasma 5.9.3 migrated from proposed into the archive, but there is one important note I wanted to let everyone know about.

Plasma 5.9.3 was uploaded with a small patch which upstream have made in 5.10 to enable Folder View by default [1]

Rik cherry-picked the commit [2] and patched Plasma 5.9.3 which he then uploaded along with a new version of kubuntu-settings [3] We have moved kubuntu-settings from bzr to git and removed the patch which allowed the installer icon to be displayed in a folder containment.

I must say the screen-shot [4] of the Live ISO this morning really does look a lot better, and made me smile.  Well done Rik for noticing this and fixing a papercut that has been annoying me/us for a couple of years now!

In addition, while we are tinkering with the kubuntu-settings, I would like to have a default list of applications on the default kick off menu in Zesty.  There are 10 "slots", but the question is, what do we add.

Could anyone suggest a way of deciding this, with too much bike-shedding please?

Re: Plasma 5.9.3 drops in Zesty - Important note

ovidiub13
Let's use the voting platform to vote for these apps. The one that we use to vote for the council.

My initial proposal of apps and order is:

Firefox
Dolphin
Kate
System settings
Discover
Konsole
LibreOffice Writer
LibreOffice Calc

Pe 3 mar. 2017 18:38, "Clive Johnston" <[hidden email]> a scris:
[...]

Aaron Honeycutt-2
I agree on some of those but...

Dolphin
Firefox
Konversation
Discover
Kate
Konsole
System settings

On Mar 3, 2017 12:12 PM, "Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rik Mills-2
While we all obviously use it (IRC) daily, I am not sure in 2017 that an
IRC client deserves a place in the default favourites list for kubuntu?

Also if below is also a comment on ordering, then I think that the
default web-browser should remain in 1st place.

On 03/03/17 21:34, Aaron Honeycutt wrote:

> I agree on some of those but...
>
> Dolphin
> Firefox
> Konversation
> Discover
> Kate
> Konsole
> System settings
>

> On Mar 3, 2017 12:12 PM, "Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Let's use the voting platform to vote for these apps. The one that
>     we use to vote for the council.
>
>     My initial proposal of apps and order is:
>
>     Firefox
>     Dolphin
>     Kate
>     System settings
>     Discover
>     Konsole
>     LibreOffice Writer
>     LibreOffice Calc
>
>     Pe 3 mar. 2017 18:38, "Clive Johnston" <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> a scris:
>
>         Yesterday, Plasma 5.9.3 migrated from proposed into the archive,
>         but there is one important note I wanted to let everyone know about.
>
>         Plasma 5.9.3 was uploaded with a small patch which upstream have
>         made in 5.10 to enable Folder View by default [1]
>
>         Rik cherry-picked the commit [2] and patched Plasma 5.9.3 which
>         he then uploaded along with a new version of kubuntu-settings
>         [3] We have moved kubuntu-settings from bzr to git and removed
>         the patch which allowed the installer icon to be displayed in a
>         folder containment.
>
>         I must say the screen-shot [4] of the Live ISO this morning
>         really does look a lot better, and made me smile.  Well done Rik
>         for noticing this and fixing a papercut that has been annoying
>         me/us for a couple of years now!
>
>         In addition, while we are tinkering with the kubuntu-settings, I
>         would like to have a default list of applications on the default
>         kick off menu in Zesty.  There are 10 "slots", but the question
>         is, what do we add.
>
>         Could anyone suggest a way of deciding this, with too much
>         bike-shedding please?
>
>         Clive
>
>         [1] - https://blogs.kde.org/kde-project/kde-general
>         <https://blogs.kde.org/kde-project/kde-general>
>         [2] -
>         https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-desktop.git/commit/?id=151bfb728ce8eed923f8e32ae39e345441af2f7b
>         <https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-desktop.git/commit/?id=151bfb728ce8eed923f8e32ae39e345441af2f7b>
>         [3] -
>         https://git.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kubuntu-settings/
>         <https://git.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kubuntu-settings/>
>         [4] - http://i.imgur.com/i2yqpsR.png
>
>         --

Re: Plasma 5.9.3 drops in Zesty - Important note

Aaron Honeycutt-2
People still come to us on IRC for support and so I think it deserves a place in kickoff as a favorite.

On Mar 3, 2017 4:42 PM, "Rik Mills" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>         is, what do we add.
>
>         Could anyone suggest a way of deciding this, with too much
>         bike-shedding please?
>
>         Clive
>
>         [1] - https://blogs.kde.org/kde-project/kde-general
>         <https://blogs.kde.org/kde-project/kde-general>
>         [2] -
>         https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-desktop.git/commit/?id=151bfb728ce8eed923f8e32ae39e345441af2f7b
>         <https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-desktop.git/commit/?id=151bfb728ce8eed923f8e32ae39e345441af2f7b>
>         [3] -
>         https://git.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kubuntu-settings/
>         <https://git.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kubuntu-settings/>
>         [4] - http://i.imgur.com/i2yqpsR.png
>
>         --

Re: Plasma 5.9.3 drops in Zesty - Important note

I don't really agree, but I'm also happy to go with any consensus that
says otherwise. :)