Please Help, I'm begging you: new Powerbook install problem 5.10

Please Help, I'm begging you: new Powerbook install problem 5.10

Steve Calvin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steve Calvin <[hidden email]>
Date: November 5, 2005 4:03:01 PM PST
To: Ubuntu Help and User Discussions <[hidden email]>
Subject: Please Help, I'm begging you:  new Powerbook install problem 5.10

On Nov 4, 2005, at 10:39 PM, Steve Calvin wrote:

I can't get the Ubuntu intaller to recognize my cdrom. I get to the graphical installer startup, language, location etc., but it asks for a floppy(!) with my cdrom driver. It asks me to select a module and then what is the /dev/cdrom address of my drive. It says no common drive found, or something. I tried /cdrom, /dev/ptmx, /dev/cdrom-which is the default. None work. Any ideas? Is my superdrive cd/dvd dual layer too new or?