Post-UDS "we might want to start doing something now"-reminder

Post-UDS "we might want to start doing something now"-reminder

Bugzilla from sh@lutzhaase.com
Hey everyone,

UDS is over now and some people might still be travelling home but I
thought I'd go ahead and start a thread concerning the UDS/Edubuntu
developments (in case there even were any!). Could some of the people
who attended UDS share some information on this with us?

Also, not much has been done since the last meeting it seems. Are we now
going to actually let Edubuntu die or start revising the project? Even
after the meeting, I'm still of the opinion that there needs to be a lot
more done than just fixing bugs. Please also see these for an example of
why I'm thinking of:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2009-May/002896.html
(which only got one reply so far, by the way).

I'll leave at at that, let's see what others have to say.

-- Sven-Hendrik

Re: Post-UDS "we might want to start doing something now"-reminder

Mario Đanić
Hey Sven,

how is it over? Its still Friday. We had two official Edubuntu sessions and lot of unofficial
talks with people. You could read Jonathan's (highvoltage) blog to see what we've came up with on the
first session, and hopefully he'll post about the second session too? (Jonathan?)

I guess plan is however to post all this on the mailing list as well.

Cheers,
M.

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 06:04, Sven-Hendrik Haase <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
Hi

Mario wrote:
> how is it over? Its still Friday. We had two official Edubuntu sessions
> and lot of unofficial
> talks with people. You could read Jonathan's (highvoltage) blog to see
> what we've came up with on the
> first session, and hopefully he'll post about the second session too?
> (Jonathan?)

Yes, it will all be communicated to the list, I certainly don't expect
people to read my blog. We'll also be sending some information to the
list on how to contribute and some more information on the Ubuntu
development processes. It's mostly all out there, but I think it will be
useful to many people to put it out on the mailing list / website, since
there is just so much information out there already.

-Jonathan

Re: Post-UDS "we might want to start doing something now"-reminder

Stéphane Graber-2

Re: Post-UDS "we might want to start doing something now"-reminder

Ben Crisford-2
Hey,

UDS isn't quite over yet, today is the last day though. :)

@Johnathon: I'll be reading your blog :D!