Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Jerome Gotangco-2
Hello world,

With the beta release of Ubuntu 7.04 the "Feisty Fawn" upon us next
week, its high time to organize the release party which has become a
tradition of the local communities. The last release party was a huge
success, although I wasn't able to attend to it, since I was in Cebu
(but I got to meet some enthusiasts as well), but many thanks to
Zakame, Yolynne and the rest of the IOSN and Ubuntu-PH people for
making it happen (and memorable).

Since summer is fast approaching let's make this coming party
different. I've talked to some people online regarding on holding the
party in an entirely different setting - no computers at all, but
instead, just hang out, talk and party around. Some of us have been
thinking of going to the La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City - the place is
great to hang out and beat the summer heat! With huge trees,
mangroves, 2 swimming pools, a boating lagoon, fishing lagoon and even
a fitness trekking and artificial climbing wall make it the perfect
place to relieve city stress and enjoy nature with friends. Since
there are so many things to do in the park, I don't think its a good
idea to bring laptops even. Feisty CDs would be possible though.
Besides, geeks need a day without their gadgets!

Or if people want to do it the traditional geek way with laptops, cd
burning sessions, and caffeine, we could organize the party in some
boring mall in the metropolis :)

So what do you guys think? I've cross-posted this message as well to
the Asia Source II alumni who are ardent users of Ubuntu as well.
Since Feisty will be unleashed to the world on the 19th of April, we
could hold our party on the 21st or 28th of April or earlier. Give
suggestions!

If you're not in Metro Manila, don't worry, you can organize your own!
Feel free to use this mailing list as well to announce your geek
meetups and release parties. I'm pretty confident there are big groups
out there as well.

Best,

jerome g.

--
Jerome Gotangco
GPG: 0x9E379FC6

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

dodjaye macapaz
sama ako jan!!! =)

Jerome Gotangco <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Get your own web address.

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Miko Suria
True. It's one chance of doing something less 'geeky' time. Rock climbing rules!! :P

Since
there are so many things to do in the park, I don't think its a good
idea to bring laptops even. Feisty CDs would be possible though.
Besides, geeks need a day without their gadgets!

Or if people want to do it the traditional geek way with laptops, cd
burning sessions, and caffeine, we could organize the party in some
boring mall in the metropolis :)

--
Techno Logically Speaking
(<a href="http://techspeak-cebu.blogspot.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> techspeak-cebu.blogspot.com )

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Joel Bryan Juliano
On 3/13/07, Jerome Gotangco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> With the beta release of Ubuntu 7.04 the "Feisty Fawn" upon us next
> week, its high time to organize the release party which has become a
> tradition of the local communities. The last release party was a huge
> success, although I wasn't able to attend to it, since I was in Cebu
> (but I got to meet some enthusiasts as well), but many thanks to
> Zakame, Yolynne and the rest of the IOSN and Ubuntu-PH people for
> making it happen (and memorable).
>
> Since summer is fast approaching let's make this coming party
> different. I've talked to some people online regarding on holding the
> party in an entirely different setting - no computers at all, but
> instead, just hang out, talk and party around. Some of us have been
> thinking of going to the La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City - the place is
> great to hang out and beat the summer heat! With huge trees,
> mangroves, 2 swimming pools, a boating lagoon, fishing lagoon and even
> a fitness trekking and artificial climbing wall make it the perfect
> place to relieve city stress and enjoy nature with friends. Since
> there are so many things to do in the park, I don't think its a good
> idea to bring laptops even. Feisty CDs would be possible though.
> Besides, geeks need a day without their gadgets!
>
> Or if people want to do it the traditional geek way with laptops, cd
> burning sessions, and caffeine, we could organize the party in some
> boring mall in the metropolis :)
>
> So what do you guys think? I've cross-posted this message as well to
> the Asia Source II alumni who are ardent users of Ubuntu as well.
> Since Feisty will be unleashed to the world on the 19th of April, we
> could hold our party on the 21st or 28th of April or earlier. Give
> suggestions!
>
> If you're not in Metro Manila, don't worry, you can organize your own!
> Feel free to use this mailing list as well to announce your geek
> meetups and release parties. I'm pretty confident there are big groups
> out there as well.
>
> Best,
>
> jerome g.
>
> --
> Jerome Gotangco
> GPG: 0x9E379FC6

Awesome idea! a geeky date on the mall is getting really boring...
unless there is some evil python coding involved!
Ohh, evil.. python.. coding... I'm... getting .. really.. horny!!
hahaha! just kidding!

--
GPG: CE6DE3A7

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

rick-50
at kung sa la mesa dam ecopark tayo at nde tayo magdadala ng mga gadgets.... mungkahi ko mag-usap-usap na lang tayo sa GLOBAL WARMING ... hehe... :-)

pwede ako magfacilitate.... (facilitator lang ha... )

rick

http://ppw.cp-union.org
http://tek4dpipol.blogspot.com/

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

dodjaye macapaz
bka pde beach na lng? hehe..sana may magsuot ng ubuntu 2 piece suit..hehehe

rick <[hidden email]> wrote:
at kung sa la mesa dam ecopark tayo at nde tayo magdadala ng mga gadgets.... mungkahi ko mag-usap-usap na lang tayo sa GLOBAL WARMING ... hehe... :-)

pwede ako magfacilitate.... (facilitator lang ha... )

rick

On 3/15/07, Joel Bryan Juliano <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/13/07, Jerome Gotangco <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello world,

> With the beta release of Ubuntu 7.04 the "Feisty Fawn" upon us next
> week, its high time to organize the release party which has become a
> tradition of the local communities. The last release party was a huge
> success, although I wasn't able to attend to it, since I was in Cebu
> (but I got to meet some enthusiasts as well), but many thanks to
> Zakame, Yolynne and the rest of the IOSN and Ubuntu-PH people for
> making it happen (and memorable).
>
> Since summer is fast approaching let's make this coming party
> different. I've talked to some people online regarding on holding the
> party in an entirely different setting - no computers at all, but
> instead, just hang out, talk and party around. Some of us have been
> thinking of going to the La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City - the place is
> great to hang out and beat the summer heat! With huge trees,
> mangroves, 2 swimming pools, a boating lagoon, fishing lagoon and even
> a fitness trekking and artificial climbing wall make it the perfect
> place to relieve city stress and enjoy nature with friends. Since
> there are so many things to do in the park, I don't think its a good
> idea to bring laptops even. Feisty CDs would be possible though.
> Besides, geeks need a day without their gadgets!
>
> Or if people want to do it the traditional geek way with laptops, cd

> burning sessions, and caffeine, we could organize the party in some
> boring mall in the metropolis :)
>
> So what do you guys think? I've cross-posted this message as well to
> the Asia Source II alumni who are ardent users of Ubuntu as well.
> Since Feisty will be unleashed to the world on the 19th of April, we
> could hold our party on the 21st or 28th of April or earlier. Give
> suggestions!
>
> If you're not in Metro Manila, don't worry, you can organize your own!
> Feel free to use this mailing list as well to announce your geek
> meetups and release parties. I'm pretty confident there are big groups
> out there as well.
>
> Best,
>
> jerome g.
>
> --
> Jerome Gotangco
> GPG: 0x9E379FC6

Awesome idea! a geeky date on the mall is getting really boring...
unless there is some evil python coding involved!
Ohh, evil.. python.. coding... I'm... getting .. really.. horny!!
hahaha! just kidding!

--
GPG: CE6DE3A7

http://ppw.cp-union.org
http://tek4dpipol.blogspot.com/ --

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.

On 3/16/07, dodjaye macapaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> bka pde beach na lng? hehe..sana may magsuot ng ubuntu 2 piece suit..hehehe

As much as we would like to have it really nice say a beach, let's be
realistic that organizing a small meetup would take time, much more
for going out of the city.

--
Best,

Jerome Gotangco

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Harvey Diaz
hi there,

we would like to have our own ubuntu party here in surigao since going to manila is quite expensive and literally time consuming. one of the plans is to give CDs but we don't where to get edgy CDs or feisty CDs. shipit only provides LTS CDs since the release of edgy. id appreciate more info about this. calling on manila loco members.

harvey

On 3/16/07, Jerome Gotangco <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/16/07, dodjaye macapaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> bka pde beach na lng? hehe..sana may magsuot ng ubuntu 2 piece suit..hehehe

As much as we would like to have it really nice say a beach, let's be
realistic that organizing a small meetup would take time, much more
for going out of the city.

--
Best,

Jerome Gotangco

HARVEY ENTENDEZ DIAZ, LPIC-1
Management Information Team
City Government of Surigao

On 3/16/07, Harvey Diaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> we would like to have our own ubuntu party here in surigao since going to
> manila is quite expensive and literally time consuming. one of the plans is
> to give CDs but we don't where to get edgy CDs or feisty CDs. shipit only
> provides LTS CDs since the release of edgy. id appreciate more info about
> this. calling on manila loco members.

I believe Zak still has boxes of Edgy CDs. Zak, can you coordinate
with Harvey on the best possible way to send CDs if there are some
still available? No news yet on pressed Feisty CDs though.

--
Best,

Jerome Gotangco

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Harvey Diaz
hi,

thanks for  your swift response sir jerome. pressed feisty CDs might be released after the official release of feisty. we burned lots of edgy CDs before on our last linux gathering here and the experience is very tiring, lol. yolynne also shipped us some pressed edgy CDs. dont know if those were from zak, though. but help is appreciated. thanks ubuntureros!

On 3/16/07, Jerome Gotangco <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/16/07, Harvey Diaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> we would like to have our own ubuntu party here in surigao since going to
> manila is quite expensive and literally time consuming. one of the plans is
> to give CDs but we don't where to get edgy CDs or feisty CDs. shipit only
> provides LTS CDs since the release of edgy. id appreciate more info about
> this. calling on manila loco members.

I believe Zak still has boxes of Edgy CDs. Zak, can you coordinate
with Harvey on the best possible way to send CDs if there are some
still available? No news yet on pressed Feisty CDs though.

--
Best,

Jerome Gotangco

HARVEY ENTENDEZ DIAZ, LPIC-1
Computer Programmer
Management Information Team
City Government of Surigao

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Yolynne Medina
Hi  All!

Good to know that a lot are getting into the ubuntu release party... Enjoy!

teka..for the people of zamboanga and nearby provinces I can organize for you... kita kits na lang tayo in a nearby place.. di na po ako pwedeng mag lamyerda masyado dahil tisbun na. Give me your suggestions...

regards,
yolynne

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Feria Rommel

On Mar 16, 2007, at 10:13 AM, Yolynne Medina wrote:

> Hi  All!
>
> Good to know that a lot are getting into the ubuntu release
> party... Enjoy!
>
> teka..for the people of zamboanga and nearby provinces I can
> organize for you... kita kits na lang tayo in a nearby place.. di
> na po ako pwedeng mag lamyerda masyado dahil tisbun na. Give me
> your suggestions...

Curious - maybe we can get someone to sponsor a broadband connection
so we can webcast it for our brothers and sisters down south.

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Yolynne Medina
Cool idea!

On 3/16/07, Rom Feria <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mar 16, 2007, at 10:13 AM, Yolynne Medina wrote:

> Hi  All!
>
> Good to know that a lot are getting into the ubuntu release
> party... Enjoy!
>
> teka..for the people of zamboanga and nearby provinces I can
> organize for you... kita kits na lang tayo in a nearby place.. di
> na po ako pwedeng mag lamyerda masyado dahil tisbun na. Give me
> your suggestions...

Curious - maybe we can get someone to sponsor a broadband connection
so we can webcast it for our brothers and sisters down south.

"I want to be part of the Salt of the earth"
yahoo messenger : yolynne.rm
google talk: yolynne
skype: ynmedina
Mobile: +639062199524
irc (server: irc.freenode.net #iosn, #ubuntu-ph, #ubuntu-women) nick: ulinskie

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Zak B. Elep-2
"Jerome Gotangco" <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 3/16/07, Harvey Diaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> we would like to have our own ubuntu party here in surigao since
>> going to manila is quite expensive and literally time consuming. one
>> of the plans is to give CDs but we don't where to get edgy CDs or
>> feisty CDs. shipit only provides LTS CDs since the release of
>> edgy. id appreciate more info about this. calling on manila loco
>> members.
>
> I believe Zak still has boxes of Edgy CDs. Zak, can you coordinate
> with Harvey on the best possible way to send CDs if there are some
> still available? No news yet on pressed Feisty CDs though.

Harvey: mail me your snailmail address so I can either request a
shipment of CDs to be delivered, or send my own box.  I am awaiting the
announcement for early shipit requests for feisty, so we could get our
batch just in time for the party.

Cheers,

Zakame

--
Zak B. Elep

Re: Preparation for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn release party in Metro Manila

Harvey Diaz
hi zak,

 you can mail the CDs to:

Harvey Entendez Diaz
City Planning & Development Office
City Hall Compound, Borromeo St.
8400 Surigao City

I'll have to contact local ubuntu users here so we can start organizing. thanks for the support.