Printing from Android device

Tony Pursell
Hi everyone,

I have a Android smart phone.  Does anyone know if I can print from it to a printer attached to an Ubuntu PC.  The Ubuntu version is 14.04.

The Android version is 4.4.2 and the HP Print Service Plugin is enabled.

If you have got this working, any tips as to the way to set things up would be appreciated,

Thanks

Tony

Re: Printing from Android device

Simon Greenwood

On 25 May 2014 16:37, Tony Pursell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a Android smart phone.  Does anyone know if I can print from it to a printer attached to an Ubuntu PC.  The Ubuntu version is 14.04.

The Android version is 4.4.2 and the HP Print Service Plugin is enabled.

If you have got this working, any tips as to the way to set things up would be appreciated,

If you have a recent HP printer you need to configure that for the cloud service too.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"

Fwd: Re: Printing from Android device

Tony Pursell

> On 25 May 2014 19:45, "Jon Spriggs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> There is an app called "LetsPrintDroid" which will print to a CUPS server... I've used it and it's OK.
>>
>> On 25 May 2014 16:54, "Tony Pursell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I have a Android smart phone.  Does anyone know if I can print from it to a printer attached to an Ubuntu PC.  The Ubuntu version is 14.04.
>>>
>>> The Android version is 4.4.2 and the HP Print Service Plugin is enabled.
>>>
>>> If you have got this working, any tips as to the way to set things up would be appreciated,
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Tony
>>>

>>> --
>>> [hidden email]

Re: Fwd: Re: Printing from Android device

Stuart Ward

-- Stuart Ward M +44 7782325143