Printing to HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn fails with RENDERER InternalError 0xc8 (PCLmParser.cpp line 1845)

Printing to HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn fails with RENDERER InternalError 0xc8 (PCLmParser.cpp line 1845)

Aleksey Tsalolikhin

Hello,

I recently got an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn.

I connected it to my computer with USB cable.  I just installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.17.6) and hp-plugin (same version).

When I print anything I get a page that says:

URP Error

Subsystem: RENDERER

Error: InternalError 0xc8

File Name: PCLmParser.cpp

Line Number: 1845

Any suggestions?

I also asked about this on the HP Support Forum (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M130fn-prints-quot-URP-Error-Subsystem/m-p/6177401) but I thought I'd ask here too in case someone already ran into this and solved it.

Thanks!
Aleksey

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn fails with RENDERER InternalError 0xc8 (PCLmParser.cpp line 1845)

Brian-277
On Sun 18 Jun 2017 at 20:15:59 -0700, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

> I recently got an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn.

A nice printer.

> I connected it to my computer with USB cable.  I just installed Ubuntu
> 16.04 LTS and HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.17.6) and
> hp-plugin (same version).

hplip is unnecessary; printer-driver-hpcups is sufficient for printing.
The M130fn doesn't need a plugin.

> When I print anything I get a page that says:
>
> URP Error
>
> Subsystem: RENDERER
>
> Error: InternalError 0xc8
>
> File Name: PCLmParser.cpp
>
> Line Number: 1845

Never seen this. Apart from your post (and one other) Google has never
seen it either. Anyway, the printer does not like what you sent it.
Something to do with the way you set the print queue up or the device
you sent the print job from - perhaps. Relevant details sent here would
be appreciated.

Setting up a working queue:

1. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -m | grep m129' to get the PPD.

2. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v' to get the USB URI.

3. 'sudo lpadmin -p M103q -v URI -E -m PPD' to set up the queue.

4. 'lp -d M103q /etc/nsswitch' for a test print.

Happy now? :)

--
Brian.

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn fails with RENDERER InternalError 0xc8 (PCLmParser.cpp line 1845)

Aleksey Tsalolikhin
Thanks, Brian.  Ubuntu 16.04 LTS did not recognize my printer, and so I installed the latest HPLIP which informed me that it wanted the plug-in.

I'll make sure I've got printer-driver-hpcups and I'll follow your kind directions next time I'm at my mom's place.  I'll share the results here.

Thanks!
Aleksey

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun 18 Jun 2017 at 20:15:59 -0700, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

> I recently got an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn.

A nice printer.

> I connected it to my computer with USB cable.  I just installed Ubuntu
> 16.04 LTS and HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.17.6) and
> hp-plugin (same version).

hplip is unnecessary; printer-driver-hpcups is sufficient for printing.
The M130fn doesn't need a plugin.

> When I print anything I get a page that says:
>
> URP Error
>
> Subsystem: RENDERER
>
> Error: InternalError 0xc8
>
> File Name: PCLmParser.cpp
>
> Line Number: 1845

Never seen this. Apart from your post (and one other) Google has never
seen it either. Anyway, the printer does not like what you sent it.
Something to do with the way you set the print queue up or the device
you sent the print job from - perhaps. Relevant details sent here would
be appreciated.

Setting up a working queue:

1. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -m | grep m129' to get the PPD.

2. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v' to get the USB URI.

3. 'sudo lpadmin -p M103q -v URI -E -m PPD' to set up the queue.

4. 'lp -d M103q /etc/nsswitch' for a test print.

Happy now? :)

--
Brian.

Need training on CFEngine, Git or Time Management?  Email [hidden email].

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn fails with RENDERER InternalError 0xc8 (PCLmParser.cpp line 1845)

Aleksey Tsalolikhin
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

Never seen this. Apart from your post (and one other) Google has never
seen it either. Anyway, the printer does not like what you sent it.
Something to do with the way you set the print queue up or the device
you sent the print job from - perhaps. Relevant details sent here would
be appreciated.

I originally used the hplip-setup utility to setup the print queue.

I then installed printer-driver-hpcups and followed your instructions:

Setting up a working queue:

1. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -m | grep m129' to get the PPD.

2. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v' to get the USB URI.

3. 'sudo lpadmin -p M103q -v URI -E -m PPD' to set up the queue.

4. 'lp -d M103q /etc/nsswitch' for a test print.

I did all the above and still getting the same error from the printer.

Wonder if I got a dud printer... it didn't work with the Windows either... that' why I put Ubuntu on the system.  :-/

I'll try calling HP support.  What a drag.