Problem Installing Netscape 7.1

Ashwani Jain
Hi

I was trying to install Netscape 7.1 using wine.  All installation process worked fine and also Winamp was installed by it and also it launched Winamp.  But when its setup did not complete.  It stucked at a point with message on command line

fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsA RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!

Also there was appearing a small box one the screen with only X symbol on top right to close, this boxes background was green.  Nothing else happened.

Please help how to proceed beyond it.

Thanks & regards

Ashwani Jain
Systems Administrator

Re: Problem Installing Netscape 7.1

Rebel Lion-2
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:06, Ashwani Jain wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was trying to install Netscape 7.1 using wine.  All installation
> process worked fine and also Winamp was installed by it and also it
> launched Winamp.  But when its setup did not complete.  It stucked at a
> point with message on command line

  Why? There is Mozilla and Firefox as well as Thunderbird out for linux why
use a native windows app. Xmms is a fine winamp replacement also, why would
you want to use a native windows app such as winamp.

> Please help how to proceed beyond it.
>
> Thanks & regards
>
> Ashwani Jain
> Systems Administrator

  Don't use them use native linux apps instead