Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Gordon Burgess-Parker-5
Is there a problem?
Trying to access it and I get this:

There has been an error processing your request.

Error in file: "/home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-install-0.8.0.php" - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'core_resource' already exists
Trace:
#0 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(292): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(167): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.8.13')
#2 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.8.13')
#3 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/Mage.php(455): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /home/magento-sites/emporium/index.php(65): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Colin Law
On 31 January 2014 11:10, Gordon Burgess-Parker
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a problem?
> Trying to access it and I get this:
>
> There has been an error processing your request.

Yes, with http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk website.
By the way, it would have saved me googling if you had provided the url.

Colin

On 31/01/14 11:20, Colin Law wrote:

> By the way, it would have saved me googling if you had provided the
> url. Colin

Sorry, I assumed people on this list would already have the URL.... :-)

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

alan c-2
On 31/01/14 11:10, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

> Is there a problem?
> Trying to access it and I get this:
>

>       There has been an error processing your request.
>
> Error in file: "/home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-install-0.8.0.php" - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'core_resource' already exists
> *Trace:*
> #0 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(292): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
> #1 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(167): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.8.13')
> #2 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.8.13')
> #3 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
> #4 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
> #5 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
> #6 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
> #7 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/Mage.php(455): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
> #8 /home/magento-sites/emporium/index.php(65): Mage::run()
> #9 {main}

My conclusion has been that - they have ceased trading?

--
alan cocks

On 31/01/14 11:46, alan c wrote:

> My conclusion has been that - they have ceased trading?

Eeek!
Any idea on where we can get Ubuntu stickers to go on laptops now?

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Simon Greenwood
That's a Magento error so it's a problem with the shop software. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they've stopped trading from that.

s/

On 31 January 2014 11:46, alan c <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 31/01/14 11:10, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Is there a problem?
> Trying to access it and I get this:
>

>       There has been an error processing your request.
>
> Error in file: "/home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-install-0.8.0.php" - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'core_resource' already exists
> *Trace:*
> #0 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(292): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
> #1 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(167): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.8.13')
> #2 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.8.13')
> #3 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
> #4 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
> #5 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
> #6 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
> #7 /home/magento-sites/emporium/app/Mage.php(455): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
> #8 /home/magento-sites/emporium/index.php(65): Mage::run()
> #9 {main}

My conclusion has been that - they have ceased trading?

--
alan cocks

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Simon Greenwood
Canonical sell stickers. I have them on my laptop right now.

s/

On 31/01/14 12:09, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> Canonical sell stickers. I have them on my laptop right now.
>
> s/

Thanks!

On 31/01/14 12:02, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> That's a Magento error so it's a problem with the shop software. I wouldn't
> jump to the conclusion that they've stopped trading from that.

LOL
Its been like it for a while now, so if they are trading they are not
doing any business.
In today's world, a dead website is pretty well a dead business?

I loved them, and several friends bought laptops from them.
I bought my most recent PC from Elpatech, custom. Yes, I can make up
my own stuff but I am busy.
I will sometime, be looking for a Ubuntu laptop. Zareason (New
Zealand) keep threatening to set up in UK, but no recent news at all.
System 76 sound great but it would be nice to stay in UK, or Europe. I
am aware of Novatech but I have been disappointed with the quality, of
PCs, anyway. More than one failure not far outside warranty.

I currently have at least one ubuntu novice friend who wants to retail
buy a mid/low end Ubuntu desktop.

--
alan cocks

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Barry Drake
On 01/02/14 11:43, alan c wrote:
> I will sometime, be looking for a Ubuntu laptop. Zareason (New
> Zealand) keep threatening to set up in UK, but no recent news at all.
> System 76 sound great but it would be nice to stay in UK, or Europe. I
> am aware of Novatech but I have been disappointed with the quality, of
> PCs, anyway. More than one failure not far outside warranty. I
> currently have at least one ubuntu novice friend who wants to retail
> buy a mid/low end Ubuntu desktop.

I bought my most recent PC from Cougar Extreme.  They have a guy called
Patrick who knows Linux well, and the entire firm is very helpful.  They
sell laptops as well and are willing to say which hardware will work OK
with Linux.  I bought my PC with no OS, but they would have installed
Ubuntu on request.  From my point of view, Cougar is handy - about half
an hour's drive away - but they will arrange delivery.

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

andres

On 1 de febrero de 2014 12:22:00 GMT, Barry Drake <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 01/02/14 11:43, alan c wrote:
>> I will sometime, be looking for a Ubuntu laptop. Zareason (New
>> Zealand) keep threatening to set up in UK, but no recent news at all.
>
>> System 76 sound great but it would be nice to stay in UK, or Europe.
>> am aware of Novatech but I have been disappointed with the quality,
>of
>> PCs, anyway. More than one failure not far outside warranty. I
>> currently have at least one ubuntu novice friend who wants to retail
>> buy a mid/low end Ubuntu desktop.
>
>I bought my most recent PC from Cougar Extreme.  They have a guy called
>
>Patrick who knows Linux well, and the entire firm is very helpful.
>They
>sell laptops as well and are willing to say which hardware will work OK
>
>with Linux.  I bought my PC with no OS, but they would have installed
>Ubuntu on request.  From my point of view, Cougar is handy - about half
>
>an hour's drive away - but they will arrange delivery.

There is always the brit & fsf approved

http://shop.gluglug.org.uk/

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.

On 01/02/14 12:39, Andres wrote:

> On 1 de febrero de 2014 12:22:00 GMT, Barry Drake <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

>>I bought my most recent PC from Cougar Extreme.  They have a guy called
>>
>>Patrick who knows Linux well, and the entire firm is very helpful.
>>They
>>sell laptops as well and are willing to say which hardware will work OK
>>
>>with Linux.  I bought my PC with no OS, but they would have installed
>>Ubuntu on request.  From my point of view, Cougar is handy - about half
>>
>>an hour's drive away - but they will arrange delivery.
>
> There is always the brit & fsf approved
> http://shop.gluglug.org.uk/

Yes, wonderful, I will certainly keep them in mind.
However I am likely to be lacking the higher end stuff and it seemed
only second user, older(?) kit. I have my share (or more) of that.

--
alan cocks

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Gordon Burgess-Parker-5
On 31/01/14 11:10, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Is there a problem?

Seems like the website is back up and running!

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Gordon Burgess-Parker-5
On 31/01/14 12:09, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> Canonical sell stickers. I have them on my laptop right now.

Do Canonical not ship stickers by normal post?
£2.10 for stickers, £3.90 for postage!!!!!!

BTW, it looks like the Linux Emporium website is back up.

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Peter Maddison
What stickers are you after as I am system76's UK outlet for 'Powered by Ubuntu' and an alternative to the Window$ logo key.

Pete

On 13 February 2014 20:05, Peter Maddison <[hidden email]> wrote:
What stickers are you after as I am system76's UK outlet for 'Powered by Ubuntu' and an alternative to the Window$ logo key.

The free stickers come from System 76 according to the Linux Emporium site so they could be the 'Powered by Ubuntu' ones. The Canonical set has black and white Windows key stickers.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:05:55 +0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Problem with Linux Emporium website?

You get 4 of each, all you need to do is send me an SAE and I return it with stickers enclosed.

Pete

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:05:55 +0000
From: [hidden email]

To: [hidden email]

You get 4 of each, all you need to do is send me an SAE and I return it with stickers enclosed.

Pete

Doh! Should learn to read :)I

I do believe I wlll.
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Pete Smout-2

@google hope you enjoyed reading this, It had nothing to do with you!
sent from my HTC.
On Feb 13, 2014 10:47 PM, "Peter Maddison" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ________________________________
> Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:05:55 +0000
> From: [hidden email]
>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Problem with Linux Emporium website?
>

> You get 4 of each, all you need to do is send me an SAE and I return it with stickers enclosed.
>
> Pete

I do belive I will as well you might be busy now! If I email you off-list for the postal address would that be ok?

Thanks

Pete s

> On 13 February 2014 20:05, Peter Maddison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> What stickers are you after as I am system76's UK outlet for 'Powered by Ubuntu' and an alternative to the Window$ logo key.
>>

> The free stickers come from System 76 according to the Linux Emporium site so they could be the 'Powered by Ubuntu' ones. The Canonical set has black and white Windows key stickers.
>
> s/
>

> --
> Twitter: @sfgreenwood
> "TBA are particularly glib"

Re: Problem with Linux Emporium website?

Peter Maddison
No need, my address is in the public domain, as seen on System76's website.

It is;
Peter Maddison
The Bungalow
Bradley Street
DERBY
DE22 1GL

I also have a G+ account stating that I am UK's Ubuntu sticker outlet

Please feel free to share this info as I want to be able to give out as many stickers as I can. I've only given out 33 in just under a year which is rather dissapointing.

Pete

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:14:28 +0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]