Problems with Ubuntu install on Macbook

ubuntu-users mailing list
Hello I have a macbook I am trying to install Ubuntu to and their are two issues. One after smooth install I try to boot to ubuntu. Get an Ubuntu purple boot image and it freezes with this.It does not go into the desktop. The other issue is the built in keyboard and mouse don’t work.Any ideas on a solution?

Re: Problems with Ubuntu install on Macbook

Liam Proven
On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 22:53, M.R.P. zensky via ubuntu-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello I have a macbook I am trying to install Ubuntu to and their are two issues. One after smooth install I try to boot to ubuntu. Get an Ubuntu purple boot image and it freezes with this.It does not go into the desktop. The other issue is the built in keyboard and mouse don’t work.Any ideas on a solution?

What version of Ubuntu?

On my old Mac mini, I used to dual-boot Ubuntu with OS X.

14.04 was fine. 16.04 was fine. I updated to 16.10 and that killed it
-- it would no longer boot with exactly the symptoms you describe.

I did not get to troubleshoot much. I reinstalled the LTS and it was
fine again. Then the external HD I was using died, and I did not
reinstall Ubuntu before moving to a newer Mac.

Re: Problems with Ubuntu install on Macbook

Bekkenes
You forgot to mention what version of Macbook you running (Macbook Air,
regular or pro).
There are also some versions of Macbooks that do not support Linux due to
chips out of the box due to T2 chip. On those machines you have to login to
MacOS.
Then you have to into settings, Startup security Utility and "downgrade" it
to get it working.

Hope this helps.
-Thomas

--