Problems with networking on Dapper

carlopmart
Hi all,

  Recently I have setting up two boxes with Dapper release, one acts
as a server and another as a workstation. On both systems I have the
same problems: networking does not setup interfaces at system start
up. Is this a dapper bug??.

  And i have another problem with the server. I have three interfaces
on it. How can I assign eth0 to e100 driver, eth1 to sk98lin driver
and eth2 to 3c59x driver?? I have tried to accompllish this with
/etc/modules without success.

P.D: Why usb mouse does not work when gdm is launched?? I need to
reload psmouse driver manually every time and restart gdm ...

Thank you very much for your help.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Re: Problems with networking on Dapper

Daniel Robitaille-2
> P.D: Why usb mouse does not work when gdm is launched?? I need to
> reload psmouse driver manually every time and restart gdm ...

works for me...

--
Daniel Robitaille

Re: Problems with networking on Dapper

Abel S
I have the same problem with my 8139too driver... to fix it i have to
modprobe 8139too then ifup eth0
On 12/11/05, carlopmart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   Recently I have setting up two boxes with Dapper release, one acts
> as a server and another as a workstation. On both systems I have the
> same problems: networking does not setup interfaces at system start
> up. Is this a dapper bug??.
>
>   And i have another problem with the server. I have three interfaces
> on it. How can I assign eth0 to e100 driver, eth1 to sk98lin driver
> and eth2 to 3c59x driver?? I have tried to accompllish this with
> /etc/modules without success.
>
> P.D: Why usb mouse does not work when gdm is launched?? I need to
> reload psmouse driver manually every time and restart gdm ...
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> --
> CL Martinez
> carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Re: Problems with networking on Dapper

Ivan Krstić-3
carlopmart wrote:
> On both systems I have the same
> problems: networking does not setup interfaces at system start up.

This is a known problem.

Your questions are more appropriate for the -users list; please keep in
mind this is not a support list, but a list for discussion of Ubuntu
development.

--
Ivan Krstic <[hidden email]> | 0x147C722D

Re: Problems with networking on Dapper

David Nielsen
søn, 11 12 2005 kl. 18:04 +0100, skrev carlopmart:

> Hi all,
>
>   Recently I have setting up two boxes with Dapper release, one acts
> as a server and another as a workstation. On both systems I have the
> same problems: networking does not setup interfaces at system start
> up. Is this a dapper bug??.
>
>   And i have another problem with the server. I have three interfaces
> on it. How can I assign eth0 to e100 driver, eth1 to sk98lin driver
> and eth2 to 3c59x driver?? I have tried to accompllish this with
> /etc/modules without success.

could this be related to:
https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/5452

- David Nielsen