Problems with vmware

Cesar Augusto Suarez
Im trying to install wmware-workstation in dapper, the
problem is i cannot install.
This is the problem; before trying this, i check if
vmware were installed and is not installed

root@Desarrollo:/tmp/vmware-distrib# sudo
./vmware-install.pl
A previous installation of VMware software has been
detected.

The previous installation was made by the rpm
installer (version 3).

Converting the rpm3 installer database format
        to the tar3 installer database format.

error: package VMwareWorkstation is not installed
Failure

Execution aborted.

Re: Problems with vmware

albi@scii.nl
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:02:01 -0500 (CDT)
Carlos gomez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Im trying to install wmware-workstation in dapper, the
> problem is i cannot install.
> This is the problem; before trying this, i check if
> vmware were installed and is not installed
>
> root@Desarrollo:/tmp/vmware-distrib# sudo
> ./vmware-install.pl
> A previous installation of VMware software has been
> detected.
>
> The previous installation was made by the rpm
> installer (version 3).

if you don't use the previous install, do :
rm -rf /etc/vmware/

and try again

--
grtjs,
albi

Re: Problems with vmware

Mo Pringles
albi schreef:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:02:01 -0500 (CDT)
> Carlos gomez <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> The previous installation was made by the rpm
>> installer (version 3).
>
> if you don't use the previous install, do :
> rm -rf /etc/vmware/
>
> and try again

I solved it with renaming the download (i.e. bmware) and: sudo find /
-iname vmware|xargs rm -rfv
And then I installed bmware (or renamed it to vmware again and installed
it then).
--
Regards Mo

Re: problems with vmware

Cesar Augusto Suarez
> Im trying to install wmware-workstation in dapper,
the

> problem is i cannot install.
> This is the problem; before trying this, i check if
> vmware were installed and is not installed
>
> root@Desarrollo:/tmp/vmware-distrib# sudo
> ./vmware-install.pl
> A previous installation of VMware software has been
> detected.
>
> The previous installation was made by the rpm
> installer (version 3).

if you don't use the previous install, do :
rm -rf /etc/vmware/

and try again

--
grtjs,
albi

Thnaks. but this command doesnt work in ubuntu, and im
already deinstall vmware before trying to install again

Re: problems with vmware

Cesar Augusto Suarez

 --- Carlos gomez <[hidden email]> escribió:

> > Im trying to install wmware-workstation in dapper,
> the
> > problem is i cannot install.
> > This is the problem; before trying this, i check
> if
> > vmware were installed and is not installed
> >
> > root@Desarrollo:/tmp/vmware-distrib# sudo
> > ./vmware-install.pl
> > A previous installation of VMware software has
> been
> > detected.
> >
> > The previous installation was made by the rpm
> > installer (version 3).
>
> if you don't use the previous install, do :
> rm -rf /etc/vmware/
>
> and try again
>
> --
> grtjs,
> albi
>
> Thnaks. but this command doesnt work in ubuntu, and
> im
> already deinstall vmware before trying to install
> again

Sorry, it works.
Thanks