Radeon graphics card

Edgar
Hey guys I'm new at Linux and I'd like to know if there's a way to check if Kubuntu is using my graphics card. I have a Radeon HD graphics card and on Windows I could check that just by going to system info, but now on Kubuntu I don't see it anywhere. Neither on the driver manager or in the graphics section of system info. Hope someone could help me out with that. EOF

Sent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Re: Radeon graphics card

Bruce Marshall
Try. lshw

lshw -h.     Should give you info on using it

From: Edgar <[hidden email]>
Subject: Radeon graphics card
Date: 2/6/19 8:34 AM
To: Kubuntu Users <[hidden email]>

Hey guys I'm new at Linux and I'd like to know if there's a way to check if Kubuntu is using my graphics card. I have a Radeon HD graphics card and on Windows I could check that just by going to system info, but now on Kubuntu I don't see it anywhere. Neither on the driver manager or in the graphics section of system info. Hope someone could help me out with that. EOF

Sent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Re: Radeon graphics card

Volker Wysk
Am Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2019, 14:29:14 CET schrieb Edgar:
> Hey guys I'm new at Linux and I'd like to know if there's a way to check if
> Kubuntu is using my graphics card. I have a Radeon HD graphics card and on
> Windows I could check that just by going to system info, but now on Kubuntu
> I don't see it anywhere. Neither on the driver manager or in the graphics
> section of system info. Hope someone could help me out with that. EOF Sent
> from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

You might want to look for "driver management" ("Treiberverwaltung") in the K
menu.

Bye

Re: Radeon graphics card

Edgar
This is what came back from the command

id:
display
product: Wrestler [Radeon HD 6310]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
physical id:
1
bus info:
pci@0000:00:01.0
version: 00
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration:
driver = radeon
latency = 0
resources:
irq : 24
memory : e0000000-efffffff
ioport : 4000(size=256)
memory : f0300000-f033ffff
memory : c0000-dffff

Thought I'm not sure that's the card. Thanks anyway. EOF

On Feb 6, 2019 8:29 AM, Edgar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys I'm new at Linux and I'd like to know if there's a way to check if Kubuntu is using my graphics card. I have a Radeon HD graphics card and on Windows I could check that just by going to system info, but now on Kubuntu I don't see it anywhere. Neither on the driver manager or in the graphics section of system info. Hope someone could help me out with that. EOF

Sent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Re: Radeon graphics card

Sarunas Burdulis-3
On 2/6/19 8:29 AM, Edgar wrote:
> Hey guys I'm new at Linux and I'd like to know if there's a way to
> check if Kubuntu is using my graphics card. I have a Radeon HD
> graphics card and on Windows I could check that just by going to
> system info, but now on Kubuntu I don't see it anywhere. Neither on
> the driver manager or in the graphics section of system info. Hope
> someone could help me out with that. EOF

Try `lspci -v`, look for VGA controller.

--
Sarunas Burdulis
Systems Administrator, Dartmouth Mathematics

0x070F8DA6EAC8603D.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Radeon graphics card

Edgar
Thanks that did the trick.