Raspberry Pi 4 and Ubuntu

Jim Price-4
I have a Raspberry Pi 4 on order and while I'm waiting for it to arrive
I was wondering if the Ubuntu images for earlier versions are likely to
run on it or if not, are there any plans to support it?

--
JimP

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 and Ubuntu

Paul Waring
On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 01:51:11PM +0100, Jim Price wrote:
> I have a Raspberry Pi 4 on order and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I
> was wondering if the Ubuntu images for earlier versions are likely to run on
> it or if not, are there any plans to support it?

Looking at the specifications I think too much has changed on the
hardware for earlier versions to 'just work', e.g. the graphics driver
stack has been retired and replaced.

--
Paul Waring
Freelance PHP developer

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 and Ubuntu

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 14:51, Jim Price <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a Raspberry Pi 4 on order and while I'm waiting for it to arrive
> I was wondering if the Ubuntu images for earlier versions are likely to
> run on it or if not, are there any plans to support it?

No, an older image definitely will not work.

Yes, I am absolutely certain it will be supported in time. You may
need to wait until 19.10 though.