Re: Alternative SMP for AMD64 testers needed

Re: Alternative SMP for AMD64 testers needed

Christian Bjälevik
fre 2005-12-23 klockan 14:27 -0500 skrev Ben Collins:

> I've ported the patch that allows SMP kernels to run with less overhead
> on UP systems to amd64. I have no way to test it though, so I need
> guinea pigs^W^Wbrave volunteers to test my build. The main testers I
> need are not the SMP folks (although testing and feedback is appreciated
> by these people), but the UP folks running mainly k8 hardware.
>
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~bcollins/kernels/amd64-alternative-smp/
>
> Please install, and after rebooting check for this message:
>
> SMP alternatives: switching to UP code
>
> Email me or [hidden email] with results, thanks and happy
> holidays.
>
> --
>    Ben Collins <[hidden email]>
>    Developer
>    Ubuntu Linux
nafallo@darkelf:~ $ grep SMP /var/log/dmesg
[    0.000000] Using ACPI (MADT) for SMP configuration information
[    0.000000] SMP: Allowing 3 CPUs, 2 hotplug CPUs
[    6.982734] SMP alternatives: switching to UP code

This is [1]darkelf :-).

Sincerely, /C

[1] http://www.magicalforest.se/darkelf/
--