Re: Artful Aardvark User Interface Freeze reminder

Re: Artful Aardvark User Interface Freeze reminder

Jack Howarth
Lukasz,
      Is the current interface redesign for Artful supposed to provide the wireless icon in the menu bar like the Ubuntu Desktop did? Currently it is missing and only appears if I manually execute nm-applet as described in https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-nonm.html.
         Jack

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Lukasz Zemczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is a gentle reminder that Artful Aardvark (17.10) is in User
Interface Freeze since September 14th. Remember about that when
pushing packages into the archive, any freeze-breaking changes per
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze need to be have an
approved exception.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

Thanks!

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 Foundations Team

Re: Artful Aardvark User Interface Freeze reminder

Jack Howarth
Lukasz,
      The WiFi menu icon seems to have appeared shortly after I installed the indicator-applet-complete package which I guess wasn't part of the default installation in the previous nightly beta snapshots.
                    Jack

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Lukasz Zemczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jack!

That doesn't seem to be intentional, at least I am not aware of that.
You should probably fill in a bug with more information about your
system setup.

Cheers,

On 25 September 2017 at 18:42, Jack Howarth
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Lukasz,
>       Is the current interface redesign for Artful supposed to provide the
> wireless icon in the menu bar like the Ubuntu Desktop did? Currently it is
> missing and only appears if I manually execute nm-applet as described in
> https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-nonm.html.
>          Jack
>
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Lukasz Zemczak
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This is a gentle reminder that Artful Aardvark (17.10) is in User
>> Interface Freeze since September 14th. Remember about that when
>> pushing packages into the archive, any freeze-breaking changes per
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze need to be have an
>> approved exception.
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess
>>
>> Thanks!