Re: Buffer I/O Error... Need Help!

Hakim Singhji

Re: Buffer I/O Error... Need Help!

Phillip Susi
Once a head crashes, it tends to continue causing damage to the disk.
If you have managed to recover most of your data, you should back it up
and replace the hard drive, because odds are good that more sectors will
fail.  At the very least you should back up your data daily and every
few days run badblocks on the disk to see if any more bad sectors come up.