Re: Can you read this email? (second attempt)

Re: Can you read this email? (second attempt)

C de-Avillez-2
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 06:30:30 +0100
Alberto Salvia Novella <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kevin Godby:
> > Thanks for helping us troubleshoot this!
>
> You are welcome: this is that message.

I stand corrected. For whatever reason, Claws-mail did not show me the
signature. The following is part of Alberto's raw message:

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--===============0412394376954086421==

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms030905020304050503060509

Kevin Godby:
> Thanks for helping us troubleshoot this!

You are welcome: this is that message.

Re: Can you read this email? (second attempt)

C de-Avillez-2
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:46:15 -0600
C de-Avillez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 06:30:30 +0100
> Alberto Salvia Novella <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Kevin Godby:
> > > Thanks for helping us troubleshoot this!
> >
> > You are welcome: this is that message.
> >

> I stand corrected. For whatever reason, Claws-mail did not show me the
> signature. The following is part of Alberto's raw message:
>
> This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
>
> --===============0412394376954086421==
> protocol="application/pkcs7-signature"; micalg=sha-256;
> boundary="------------ms030905020304050503060509"
>
> This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
>
> --------------ms030905020304050503060509

No, still not good. The segment multipart/signed is there, but the
actual signature disappeared. We should also have a segment like the
below:

--------------ms060305010802090308030906
(...)

and this would allow any interested party to actually verify Alberto's
signature.

Kevin, you should also make sure application/pkcs7-signature is
maintained.

Cheers,

..C..

Re: Can you read this email? (second attempt)

C de-Avillez-2
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 23:06:47 -0500
Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes I can read that email, but it's all Greek to me!

Yeah. Very sorry for that. My mind was on another mailing list, and my
fingers insisted in sending it to -users.

Sorry for the spam.