Re: Cosmic Cuttlefish test rebuilds

Andreas Hasenack-5
Thanks for this!

I couldn't find the build log related to the libapache2-mod-perl2
build failure at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/test-rebuild-20180911/+build/15388885

Here is a bileto build of that package in cosmic-proposed and it
worked for all arches:
https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/3430/+build/15477217
On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:39 PM Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The first test rebuild of Cosmic Cuttlefish was started on September 11 2018 for
> all architectures, all components (main component and seeded packages finished,
> unseeded packages still building).  The number of build time failures
> unfortunately is again high.
>
> The test rebuild was done using the openjdk-11 packages from the openjdk-r/ppa
> PPA (cosmic still has OpenJDK-10, instead of the OpenJDK-11 packages used for
> the rebuild.
>
> Results (please also look at the superseded builds) can be found at
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~doko/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20180911-cosmic.html
>
> The report uses some additional color coding, marking packages different which
> always failed to build, or where the build failure is no regression compared to
> bionic.
>
> Additional build failures for packages in bionic-proposed (not yet in bionic)
> can be found at http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/
>
> Please help fixing the build failures.
>
> Matthias

Re: Cosmic Cuttlefish test rebuilds

Matthias Klose-6
On 22.09.2018 16:29, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> Thanks for this!
>
> I couldn't find the build log related to the libapache2-mod-perl2
> build failure at
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/test-rebuild-20180911/+build/15388885
>
> Here is a bileto build of that package in cosmic-proposed and it
> worked for all arches:
> https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/3430/+build/15477217

apparently somebody retried the build, and the build succeeded.  I suppose
somebody gave it back manually.  Please don't do this, because we want to
collect such builds which failed for no apparent reason, and having a look at
the logs. If these builds are just given back without saving the logs, we can't
do anything to analyze them.

Matthias