Re: First Ubuntu Artful Aardvark test rebuilds (and upcoming GCC 7 transition)

Re: First Ubuntu Artful Aardvark test rebuilds (and upcoming GCC 7 transition)

brenohl
Hi Matthias,

On 07/09/2017 01:57 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> The first test rebuild of Artful Aardvark was started on July 6 for all
> architectures, all components (main component and seeded packages finished,
> unseeded packages still building).

> Please help fixing the build failures.

Is there a way to discover what are the major problems here? I looked at a
dozen of ppc64el build failures, and I didn't found a problem that seems to
reproduce a more often than others.

I remember that on the GCC5 -> GCC6 migration phase, you have created an
interesting page with the bugs being triage by failure type. Are you still
planning to do so on this migration also?

Having a better picture of the most common FTBFS causes would help to create
an plan to solve them.

Thank you,
Breno