Re: Fwd: Checksum SHA256 does not match when downloading ubuntu 18.04.2 at Vietnam server

Re: Fwd: Checksum SHA256 does not match when downloading ubuntu 18.04.2 at Vietnam server

Steve Langasek-5
Dear Hồ Trung Dũng,

We have received reports of corruption on the Ubuntu CD Image mirror that
you operate, <http://mirrors.nhanhoa.com/ubuntu-releases/>.  The Ubuntu
18.04.2 desktop image that you are serving does not match the checksums of
the release image.

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 03:16:40PM +0100, Peter Mahnke wrote:
> hi, is this for you guys to look at?

I've looked into this and:

 - The files on the cdimage master server match the checksum files (both
   desktop and server).
 - The files I get when I download from releases.ubuntu.com match the
   checksum files.
 - The file that I get when I download
   http://mirrors.nhanhoa.com/ubuntu-releases/18.04.2/ubuntu-18.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso
   does NOT MATCH the checksum file.

I have manually taken
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/mirrors.nhanhoa.com-release/ off the
list of official mirrors for now due to this.  Hồ Trung, can you please look
into this issue and let us know when it has been resolved?

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/

Re: Fwd: Checksum SHA256 does not match when downloading ubuntu 18.04.2 at Vietnam server

Dũng Hồ Trung
Dear all,

Thank for your report. We're checking this issue now and will resolve as soon as possible.

Regards,

Vào Th 3, 9 thg 4, 2019 vào lúc 23:09 Steve Langasek <[hidden email]> đã viết:
Dear Hồ Trung Dũng,

We have received reports of corruption on the Ubuntu CD Image mirror that
you operate, <http://mirrors.nhanhoa.com/ubuntu-releases/>.  The Ubuntu
18.04.2 desktop image that you are serving does not match the checksums of
the release image.

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 03:16:40PM +0100, Peter Mahnke wrote:
> hi, is this for you guys to look at?

I've looked into this and:

 - The files on the cdimage master server match the checksum files (both
   desktop and server).
 - The files I get when I download from releases.ubuntu.com match the
   checksum files.
 - The file that I get when I download
   http://mirrors.nhanhoa.com/ubuntu-releases/18.04.2/ubuntu-18.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso
   does NOT MATCH the checksum file.

I have manually taken
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/mirrors.nhanhoa.com-release/ off the
list of official mirrors for now due to this.  Hồ Trung, can you please look
into this issue and let us know when it has been resolved?

Steve Langasek                   Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer                   to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
[hidden email]                                     [hidden email]

--
Hồ Trung Dũng
Chief Executive Officer