Re: I want to xubuntu team under a mentor

Re: I want to xubuntu team under a mentor

Pasi Lallinaho-3
Hello again,

and sorry for not getting back ealier. I'm sending this mail to our development list as well so other people can share their knowledge as well and you don't have to wait for my reply. Please keep the list as a recipient in your replies.

Our website runs on WordPress. The website-related bugs (and wishlist items, including sort of "TODO" list for ourselves) are listed here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website

The code for the plugins can be found here:
    https://code.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-website/xubuntu-website/plugins
...and for the theme here:
    https://code.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-website/xubuntu-website/theme

If you want, you are free to jump in straight away and start fixing bugs...

Alternatively, if you are familiar with Guteberg and WordPress in general, you can help us plan the migration to Gutenberg. The bug that tracks the issues related to that is here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website/+bug/1825478

For the app side, I'll let Sean, Simon and Unit193 answer you as they know much more about that than I do.

Cheers,
Pasi

On 10.5.2019 13.34, AmeenMakesStuff wrote:
I am thinking of some contributions in its first basic apps that it releases with it,  i could also help in the development of website and more...

On Thu, 9 May 2019, 13:25 Pasi Lallinaho <[hidden email] wrote:
Hello!

What kind of contributions have you been thinking? We have loads of
different tasks to be done that require all kinds of skills. Some of the
tasks do not even require any prior knowledge or skills.

You can read about some of the areas you can contribute from out Get
Involved page:
https://xubuntu.org/contribute/

Finally, if you are familiar with IRC, #xubuntu-devel on Freenode is a
great place to get to know other contributors. You can also follow the
everyday developer discussion there.

Feel free to ask more questions if in doubt; I will happily answer. You
can also be in touch with the developer community at large via the
Xubuntu-devel mailing list [1] (I recommend you subscribe first so your
messages do not have to go through the manual moderation queue).

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)         › https://open.knome.fi/
Xubuntu Website Lead           › https://xubuntu.org/

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)         › https://open.knome.fi/
Xubuntu Website Lead           › https://xubuntu.org/
Xfce contributor               › https://xfce.org/
Shimmer Project co-founder     › https://shimmerproject.org/

Re: I want to xubuntu team under a mentor

Sean Davis
Hello there!

If you're interested in the app development side of things, a good starting point is finding some bugs you'd like fixed and digging in. For any Xfce components, I recommend joining #xfce-dev on Freenode to ask questions (and stick around, since folks aren't always around). Otherwise, join #xubuntu-devel and we can usually point you in the right direction.

Most Xfce components are developed in C, with a few here and there using Vala and Python. Let me know any particular interests you have and I can help you get started.

Thanks!