Re: Kubuntu Council Nominations

Dave Nelson (dave@dalek.zone)
Hello,

I am not yet a Kubuntu member, but I *am* a Kubuntu user, and a
concerned Linux user who is worried about the state of contribution and
engagement in the Open Source world in general. If there is some
contributor position open and you have no-one to fill it, I would be
happy to volunteer. Please let me know if this is of interest to you and
I will take the necessary steps to comply with the requirements.

---
With all best wishes,
Dave

On 2020-07-29 22:05, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:

> The notice that nominations are open lacked an end date. Since it was
> issued on the 23rd of June, 6 days ago, it's a bit abrupt to close it
> tomorrow -- and we still have one open position. So nominations will
> close
> August 3rd, which is a good 10 days.
>
> If you are a Kubuntu Member, please consider serving on the Council. We
> can
> use your help! You can have someone nominate you, or even better:
> nominate
> yourself.
>
> All the best,
>
> Valorie

0xA4FB3059.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Kubuntu Council Nominations

Valorie Zimmerman
Hello Dave, and Mike who also spoke up,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Dave in Dalek Zone <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am not yet a Kubuntu member, but I *am* a Kubuntu user, and a
concerned Linux user who is worried about the state of contribution and
engagement in the Open Source world in general. If there is some
contributor position open and you have no-one to fill it, I would be
happy to volunteer. Please let me know if this is of interest to you and
I will take the necessary steps to comply with the requirements.

Most of what the team needs is testing, unless you are interested in helping out with packaging, writing news stories, keeping our website current, or our other infra such as the CI. We can always use help answering user questions in #kubuntu, on the KubuntuForums and on the Kubuntu-User list.

In the "beforetimes" we used to staff booths at tech conferences, and I hope we can in the future do that again. Meeting other Kubuntu users and devels along with people from the other Ubuntu flavors is great fun! Here in the US, I'm sorry to say, it may be years rather than months before that is possible

To help with testing, please join #kubuntu-devel and keep your eye on it for fresh calls to test. *Any* time is a good time to check out the newest ISO and report your results in the qa tracker: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker

Right there in the tracker you can download or zsync the latest image and log any bugs you find. Of course you should report the bugs right from your test session using the commandline `ubuntu-bug $packagename` where packagename matches where you found the bug(s). Almost all of the bugs I've reported have been against ubiquity, which is the installer.

While it is possible to be active in the team using only the list, IRC/Telegram are best for real-time communication. Before applying for membership, we do ask for about six months of contributions to the team. See https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/Membership for more detail.

Valorie

---
With all best wishes,
Dave