Re: Kubuntu hangs on hotplug subsystem startup

Re: Kubuntu hangs on hotplug subsystem startup

Homer Azari

On 11/3/05, Homer Azari <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I don't know any programming so i would need detailed help. I installed Kubuntu breezy badger on my pc and it installed perfectly but when it loads it won't get passed the "Starting Hotplugs subsystems" module thing. I don't know what to do, can anyone help?It stalls so long that it switches from the cool looking kubuntu load screen to the plain black and white screen. oh I have a Realtek ethernet card built into my ecs 945pa motherboard, i have a gig ddr2 ram and 3 gig processor. if that helps. thanks.

Re: Kubuntu hangs on hotplug subsystem startup

Homer Azari
i'm new to the whole linux thing. i finally got my pc to load
(previously it was stuck on starting hotplug subsystems) by disabling
my sound card in BIOS but when kubuntu loads, i have no sound. How can
I make it so my soundcard which is a Realtek Alc880 is detected and
works? please bear in mind that i'm new and don't know any
programming, but i'm good at copy and pastng ;)