Re: Kubuntu social media accounts - help needed

Re: Kubuntu social media accounts - help needed

Anthony Stevens
There is an active Linux community on MeWe that has been migrating from G+. If you'd establish a group there, I'd join.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 7:03 PM Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

We have a social media presence on Mastodon again: https://mastodon.technology/@Kubuntu . If you are on mastodon, please follow us and boost our toots! If you aren't, you might try it out. It is a different experience than twitter; much more friendly. That said, we have a twitter account too: https://twitter.com/Kubuntu. Again, follows and retweets are appreciated. There are two Facebook accounts, one withw an unknown owner. If you like and use facebook, we really could use some help there, in particular for people who persist in asking user support questions there. Very few of the developers, including me, like or use FB much. We have a G+ community going as well, which at last look was fairly healthy. That is going away however, as Google shuts it down.

Finally, we have the wonderful Kubuntuforums: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/ . The Ubuntu forums have gotten rather useless for Kubuntu (IMO) and the KDE forums are great for KDE software, but not so much for Kubuntu issuses. Kubuntuforums are the place to go besides the #kubuntu IRC channel and  the Kubuntu-user list for in-depth user help.

Now that we have a new mastodon, it's looking rather bare and drafty. I could load in the same header image we have on Kubuntu.org and the Kubuntu IRC, but really, all should be updated to Cosmic. We finally have an Ubuntu-approved image [1], and it would be cool to have the latest Plasma wallpaper plus that rather than the Bionic image we have.

Valorie

Anthony Stevens
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler
http://postorbitallibrary.com/

Re: Kubuntu social media accounts - help needed

Charlie-2

Val,

cool! thanks for the information. I look forward to becoming a part of the community.

Ubuntu forums: yeah, I've noticed that over the years. IMO, I think more promotion may work but the slowing of participation may be due to changing desires by people who use social media/forums. But again, that's just my opinion.

I look forward to diving into the kubuntu forums more.