Re: Last Bionic Final testing -- we hope!

Re: Last Bionic Final testing -- we hope!

Girard Henri
I have a notebook 2 Go with amd and I use 32 bits

Le 25/04/2018 à 07:48, Valorie Zimmerman a écrit :

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 10:29 PM, Franklin Weng
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It's been very difficult to find *real* i386 (single-core) machine now, at
>> least here.  Even a 10-year-old laptop has dual core.
>> The closest environment I can get is a virtual machine running on PVE.
>>

>> Franklin
> Then in your opinion, is it worthwhile to offer them? I was thinking
> of you in particular when I argued for continuing to provide them.
> Testing would be a great deal easier with only amd64!

>>> By the way, there are i386 tests done (thanks, crimsun!) but non on
>>> i386 hardware. I hope you i386 users can get this done soon. Remember
>>> to note what environment you are using to test.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Valorie

Re: Last Bionic Final testing -- we hope!

charlie
when i was testing the ISO from just yesterday or the day before, i kept getting a packagekit crash. it was part of the updates after i installed the latest daily build. so i went back to 16.04 and i'll try the newest spin again to see if i get the same thing.

charlie

> On Apr 24, 2018, at 11:43 PM, Girard Henri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a notebook 2 Go with amd and I use 32 bits
>

>> Le 25/04/2018 à 07:48, Valorie Zimmerman a écrit :
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 10:29 PM, Franklin Weng
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> It's been very difficult to find *real* i386 (single-core) machine now, at
>>> least here.  Even a 10-year-old laptop has dual core.
>>> The closest environment I can get is a virtual machine running on PVE.
>>>

>>> Franklin
>> Then in your opinion, is it worthwhile to offer them? I was thinking
>> of you in particular when I argued for continuing to provide them.
>> Testing would be a great deal easier with only amd64!

Re: Last Bionic Final testing -- we hope!

Valorie Zimmerman
Charlie, did you file bug reports on those crashes, and link them onto
the qatracker? Folks, testing is good, but *reported* testing is
essential!

New spins (we assume the list and final) will be out soon.

We absolutely need crashes reported: `ubuntu-bug ubiquity` if in the
installer. If you can't report because of a total crash, reboot and
report from a live session. Of course you need your launchpad and
qatracker accounts set up in advance, so do that now if you have not
already done it.

https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/NewAccount

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/QATracker > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/

You might find this useful, if you've not done this before:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Walkthrough

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Last Bionic Final testing -- we hope!

charlie
Valorie, I haven't been able to get back to reporting the crash yet and I'm getting ready to in a little while. I've been at work all day and just got home. I'll sit down and do that for sure. And yes, I agree with you. Reporting is important in order to make things better. I'm new to the qa tracker so I'll do that as well.

Charlie