Re: Liferea

john levin-2
'Forum Post wrote:
> I found liferea in the universe repository. This is an older version
> however. Where do you get the latest 1.0 RC4 from? I read the liferea
> feed suggesting to do the update because older versions can cause
> bandwidth issues on the feed servers.

The version in (Breezy) Universe is 9.7b; the bandwidth bug is in the
favicon code for 1.0 RC1 & 2, apparently, so you don't have to worry
about that one.

As for getting 1.0RC4, it's on the liferea site as source code only;
don't know if anyone has produced a .deb as yet. Perhaps the Breezy
backports people might be interested in doing it.

John

Re: Liferea

Matthew Palmer-2
On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 02:05:03AM -0500, 'Forum Post wrote:
> I found liferea in the universe repository. This is an older version
> however. Where do you get the latest 1.0 RC4 from? I read the liferea
> feed suggesting to do the update because older versions can cause
> bandwidth issues on the feed servers.

I got a 1.0rc4 package by taking the 1.0rc3 packages from Debian
experimental and just updating the tarball and changelog.  It appears to be
working half-decently so far (all 4 hours of usage).  I've put my packages
up at http://www.hezmatt.org/~mpalmer/ubuntu/liferea/ if you want them,
including the signed source and upload control file (signed, for
verifiability).

- Matt

Re: Liferea

Nathan Howell
john levin wrote:
> The version in (Breezy) Universe is 9.7b; the bandwidth bug is in the
> favicon code for 1.0 RC1 & 2, apparently, so you don't have to worry
> about that one.

The bug is in 0.9.7b as well, I got a not-so-friendly call from my ISP
about bandwidth usage as a result of it.

Nathan

Re: Liferea

Matthew Palmer-2
On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 08:52:47AM -0500, 'Forum Post wrote:
> Thanks Matthew. It will be good if you can get this posted to the
> universe repo so that other users update as well.

Dapper will get the updated package in due course (I think it's reasonable
to assume that 1.0final will be released before Dapper freezes).  The only
other place where an update might make it in is breezy-backports, and I have
no idea what their criteria are for uploads (and I'm *quite* sure I don't
have upload privs there anyway).

Maybe I've just found myself a new research project.

- Matt