Re: Listing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

MF-9
Corey Burger a ?crit :

>On 11/1/05, MF <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I am not sure why the Canadian Loco team is not listed under Local
>>Community Teams at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList.
>>
>>It's still under proposed new teams. Any idea why ?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Fabian
>>

>Because we haven't really done anything amazing.
>
>Corey

I am confused. How amazing do we need to be ? :D This is what we need to
do, according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto :

    New teams are approved by MatthiasUrlichs, and confirmed by the
    [WWW] Community Council once the team is active. The team contact
    should add an appropriate entry to the CommunityCouncilAgenda. (It
    is a good idea to actually be present at that meeting; we'd like you
    to tell the community about your team.) Then, your team's entry on
    the LoCoTeamList page will be moved to the main table.

I think we're active. I mean, UBZ is happening in Montreal, QC, Canada!
I am pretty active and I believe you are too, Corey - we're far from
alone. ;) I see at least another Canadian (Hubert I'd like to propose
you add our listing to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
(Locoteams section). Yeah, we're active ;)

Cheers,

Fabian

Re: Listing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

Kush Singh-2
Yes but you people are in Montreal whereas people like me are in Toronto
and its impossible to meet physically. there should be city wise ubuntu
groups.
Kussh

MF wrote:

>Corey Burger a ?crit :
>

>>On 11/1/05, MF <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am not sure why the Canadian Loco team is not listed under Local
>>>Community Teams at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList.
>>>
>>>It's still under proposed new teams. Any idea why ?
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Fabian
>>>

>>Because we haven't really done anything amazing.
>>
>>Corey
>>

>I am confused. How amazing do we need to be ? :D This is what we need to
>do, according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto :
>
>    New teams are approved by MatthiasUrlichs, and confirmed by the
>    [WWW] Community Council once the team is active. The team contact
>    should add an appropriate entry to the CommunityCouncilAgenda. (It
>    is a good idea to actually be present at that meeting; we'd like you
>    to tell the community about your team.) Then, your team's entry on
>    the LoCoTeamList page will be moved to the main table.
>
>I think we're active. I mean, UBZ is happening in Montreal, QC, Canada!
>I am pretty active and I believe you are too, Corey - we're far from
>alone. ;) I see at least another Canadian (Hubert I'd like to propose
>you add our listing to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
>(Locoteams section). Yeah, we're active ;)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Fabian

Re: Listing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

Andrew VanSpronsen
This has come up before; once by myself.  The thought at the time, and I was in agreement with, is that the group was still to small and fragmentation would lead to a draw on the momentum\resources.  Kinda funny looking back now because that continues to be a problem even with 50+? members.

Maybe we could operate smaller city/provincial groups under the Ubuntu-ca umbrella? We could then operate within our smaller groups for local events and band together under the Ubuntu-ca banner for larger events\issues\projects.

Andrew

MF wrote:

>Corey Burger a écrit :
>

>>On 11/1/05, MF <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am not sure why the Canadian Loco team is not listed under Local
>>>Community Teams at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList.
>>>
>>>It's still under proposed new teams. Any idea why ?
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Fabian
>>>

>>Because we haven't really done anything amazing.
>>
>>Corey
>>

>I am confused. How amazing do we need to be ? :D This is what we need to
>do, according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto :
>
>    New teams are approved by MatthiasUrlichs, and confirmed by the
>    [WWW] Community Council once the team is active. The team contact
>    should add an appropriate entry to the CommunityCouncilAgenda. (It
>    is a good idea to actually be present at that meeting; we'd like you
>    to tell the community about your team.) Then, your team's entry on
>    the LoCoTeamList page will be moved to the main table.
>
>I think we're active. I mean, UBZ is happening in Montreal, QC, Canada!
>I am pretty active and I believe you are too, Corey - we're far from
>alone. ;) I see at least another Canadian (Hubert I'd like to propose
>you add our listing to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
>(Locoteams section). Yeah, we're active ;)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Fabian

Re: Listing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

MF-9
Kush Singh a ?crit :

> Yes but you people are in Montreal whereas people like me are in
> Toronto and its impossible to meet physically. there should be city
> wise ubuntu groups.
> Kussh

I remember at UBZ Love Day someone mentioned these:
http://www.ubuntutoronto.org/
http://mces.blogspot.com/2005/09/torontonians-we-need-your-help.html

Perhaps you want to get in touch with them ?

Corey is from BC, BTW. If you look at the Canadian team members listing,
they're pretty much across Canada.

Cheers,

F.

Re: Listing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

Kush Singh-2
You are right Andrew. I agree with having smaller city wide groups
rather than across a whole continent though a lot can be done by email
and videoconferencing also.

Came to know about the following URLs courtesy Fabian
ubuntutoronto.org
and http://mces.blogspot.com/2005/09/torontonians-we-need-your-help.html

Maybe these will be put in the ca mailing list page also or as a footer
in the mails from the mailing list.
Kussh

Andrew VanSpronsen wrote:

> [...]
>     >    [WWW] Community Council once the team is active. The team contact
>     >    should add an appropriate entry to the
>     CommunityCouncilAgenda. (It
>     >    is a good idea to actually be present at that meeting; we'd
>     like you
>     >    to tell the community about your team.) Then, your team's
>     entry on
>     >    the LoCoTeamList page will be moved to the main table.
>     >
>     >I think we're active. I mean, UBZ is happening in Montreal, QC,
>     Canada!
>     >I am pretty active and I believe you are too, Corey - we're far from
>     >alone. ;) I see at least another Canadian (Hubert I'd like to
>     propose
>     >you add our listing to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
>     >(Locoteams section). Yeah, we're active ;)

Daniel Robitaille
> I think we're active. I mean, UBZ is happening in Montreal, QC, Canada!

UBZ being in Montreal had nothing to do with the LoCo.  We learned
about it at the same time than anybody else in Ubuntu-land.  The LoCo
wasn't involved in the planning or organization of that conference.

> I am pretty active and I believe you are too, Corey - we're far from
> alone. ;) I see at least another Canadian (Hubert I'd like to propose
> you add our listing to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
> (Locoteams section). Yeah, we're active ;)

Nobody question individual users being active, or some groups based in
Canada of being active.  But the LoCo Canadian team, as a team,
currently isn't active and and doesn't  function as a team, doing team
activities, and providing active team resources.

i'm not pointing fingers here at anyone  or at anything, but I think
it's a fact that we can all see by looking at the LoCo team activities
in recent weeks, which are near none.

We'll be able to add yourselves to the LoCoTeams listings the day we
are an active and functional LoCo team.  I suspect it will pretty
obvious to us and to outside observers when we reach that level.  But
in my opinion we are not there today.  It is also my opinion that we
are probably not that far off: the base is there and we only need to
gather some momentum and  focus our energies on some well defined
activities/community resources to get us on our way.

--
Daniel Robitaille

Re: Listing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

Brian Burger
On 11/6/05, MF <[hidden email]> wrote:

I remember at UBZ Love Day someone mentioned these:
http://www.ubuntutoronto.org/
http://mces.blogspot.com/2005/09/torontonians-we-need-your-help.html

Perhaps you want to get in touch with them ?

Corey is from BC, BTW. If you look at the Canadian team members listing,
they're pretty much across Canada.

There's a cluster of us here in Victoria - Daniel, Corey & I at least[1]; I've also got a couple of friends who run Ubuntu. When I held that Breeze Release micro-party, we had a couple of people interested in coming down from Duncan (90 minutes north of Victoria)...

Hmmm... Vancouver Island LoCo Team, anyone? <j/k>

Brian
- "Madpilot" on IRC -
[1] For those who might have wondered: Corey & I are related; he's my younger brother and got me into Ubuntu when my XP install when down & couldn't be resurrected...